Mayor of Boston is opposed to Chick-Fil-A in his City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, your still very young and have very, very much to learn. As typical of many youth, you seem to think you know it all. Perhaps one day the realization you dont will happen, and some wisdom will begin to grow. Hopefully.

This applies just as well to an 80 year old man as it does to an 8 year old boy.

Uhm. Half right. Since you are very young, and have yet to learn wisdom, you'll just have to learn that there is a difference in Godly love, and worldly love. What you think is a disgust for love, is rather a disgust of sin. Caveat: in myself as well because I am assuredly a sinner just like everyone else.

What of those who allow non-Aberhamic faiths? Or agnostics, deits and athiests?

Your intolerance is based upon a lack of experience, lack of wisdom and a decided lack of biblical knowledge.

Why does intolerance have to do with how much we know about a single holy book? There are many faiths, many holy books.

Of course you are. You're human arent you?

Your also a judge yes?

As I said, your're young have yet to develop real wisdom. Before I had kids, I was thought like you do now, fairly liberal, a democrat and pro all the stuff you are today. Then I decided to dig deeper and seek out truth instead of listening to what others told me.

"I was told by my peers that liberals are for babies and how keep to a silly falacy. This is totally me not listening to others."

Rofl. More judging. I simply dont have chains of hate around me - i'm just unwilling to compromise my faith to the extent you are to the point where you think calling sinful behavior 'sin' is hateful.

This is a forum mate. We judge.

And why is love "sinful?" Bigotry is a produce of wroth. We are tell you to cease having a closed, isolated mind and have something we call "empathy."

What occurred yesterday was to show support for a man and a company being attacked for its unwillingness to cave into worldly pressure and stand on its biblical faith. I don't think Jesus would cry about that at all.

Did not Jesus talk about tolerance?

Like I said, your still very young and have very, very much to learn. As typical of many youth, you seem to think you know it all. Perhaps one day the realization you dont will happen, and some wisdom will begin to grow. Hopefully.

Declaring your opoment "too young" is a act that just destroys your own argument by use of a pitiful falacy. The ideal that conseravatism comes with age is a falacy. The idea that the young are igornant are a falacy. Ageism like racism, sexism and homophobia is a form of bigotry is it not? Do not keep to a falacy of the most pitiful or the world will judge you as pitiful. That is of the law of debate.

Really? You have kids?! :dubious:

I must apologize. I have completely mis-read you.

Based on your posts I honestly thought you were somewhere between 16 and 20, without having been exposed to as much of the world as older people here.

But leaving all that aside, I find it hilarious that you think that 'jesus' would come to the defense of a capitalist corporation whose sole purpose is to extract wealth from consumers and transfer it to shareholders while keeping costs as low as possible. :rotfl:

If that were their 'sole purpose' then they'd be open on Sundays. They arent. Why do you think a business cant be run according to biblical principle? Fwiw, I think this particular exchange shows your level of biblical knowledge to be honest. Its not a suprise to many that Chic-Fil-A is so successful for a reason.

Fwiw, I'm 48, about to turn 49. I've travled all around the world thanks to the military, and I've seen a great deal.

If he weren't, he wouldn't make up a story about his daughter going to University of Phoenix.

She only took a couple of classes, got married and then moved to Toronto.

Did not Jesus talk about tolerance?

Not of sin he didnt.

Declaring your opoment "too young" is a act that just destroys your own argument by use of a pitiful falacy.

Ah, but the use of 'too old' is ok? :rolleyes: Give me a break.

But we will have to disagree on this one, and fwiw, I think history rather on my side.

The ideal that conseravatism comes with age is a falacy.

So, Winston Churchill was wrong? That he gave a fallacy?

Its not actually false at all. Perhaps you should look it up a bit eh?

The idea that the young are igornant are a falacy.

Please. :rolleyes: It's not a fallacy at all, but only a young person would make the statement you do in any earnestness. Young people are often ignorant of things going on around them; but that's ok, it's part of growing up.

Ageism like racism, sexism and homophobia is a form of bigotry is it not?

Not in the form I am presenting it. But come on, the stats are just not with you on this one.

Do not keep to a falacy of the most pitiful or the world will judge you as pitiful. That is of the law of debate.

And here I thought the law of debate was the exchange of ideas. But I dont care if the world judges me - i'm not here for it.

This applies just as well to an 80 year old man as it does to an 8 year old boy.

I dont disagree. Wise people strive to continue to learn their entire life. Knowledge is a never-ending journey.

Not of sin he didnt.

Exactly. Conservative Christians don't tolerate sin. They intend to use the force of the law to force everyone to behave as though they were also a conservative Christian. The definition of freedom they use is consistent with this. So don't take any comfort when they say they are for freedom because they are using 'freedom' in a fundamentally different way.

Remember this the next time one of them says that contraception bans are liberal fear mongering. They may not have the power to do contraception bans any time soon, but there is nothing about conservative ideology that makes it unlikely. Give them enough power and enough time and the probability of a contraception ban approaches 1.

They won't allow anyone to call this 'Theocracy' because that's what Muslims do. After all, you don't have to be Christian. You just have to behave 100% indistinguishably from one. Freedom.

EXPECTED RESPONSE: Our inability to force children to pray in school is exactly like you being arrested for owning condoms.

Not of sin he didnt.

Did he not said of "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her?" He also spoke of forgiveness.

Also homosexuality is not a sin. Bigotry on the other hand is.

Ah, but the use of 'too old' is ok? :rolleyes: Give me a break.

I did not say anything that gave acceptance to the term "too old." A incorrect observation.

But we will have to disagree on this one, and fwiw, I think history rather on my side.

History is not on you side.

So, Winston Churchill was wrong? That he gave a fallacy?

Churchill also wanted Ghandi to starve, supported eugenics and was too found of war. Just as all of Hitler's actions were not of vice, not all of Churchill's actions are of virtue.

Its not actually false at all. Perhaps you should look it up a bit eh?

Experience states otherwise. And if I am not mistaken a certian "Karl" was not a conserative despite aging...

Please. :rolleyes: It's not a fallacy at all, but only a young person would make the statement you do in any earnestness. Young people are often ignorant of things going on around them; but that's ok, it's part of growing up.

You denying that it is a falacy: it be like stating gravity is only a theory. I am sad to inform you that other figures would disagree with you. Among my teachers the eldest men tend to be rather unconserative. Experience dictates against you "observation." People grow up but igorance can be found in old age just as it can be found in young age. Knowledge does not come from age but from seeking of it and in its seeking one must open the mind. Your arguments are of falacy.

Not in the form I am presenting it. But come on, the stats are just not with you on this one.

Which stats? Please link if you metnion stas. Otherwise your arguemnt is not set.

And here I thought the law of debate was the exchange of ideas. But I dont care if the world judges me - i'm not here for it.

Debate has its own rules. Honour is one of them. Falacies are dishonourable.

I dont disagree. Wise people strive to continue to learn their entire life. Knowledge is a never-ending journey.

And like all journeys some people take the slow route.

Knowledge is not simple a journey. It is beyond any notion of observations. It is power beyond power.

Not if you're bigoted :D

That's the beauty of the concept of sins: once you can arbitrarily define something as sin, your contempt and discrimination suddenly doesn't only become a service to society, but even a service to your victim's spiritual well-being.

I think I need the vomit smiley now.

Who is against traditional marriage?

I am, actually. But I'm not deluded that I have any right to prevent other people from doing it.

Don't mind him, Mango, he always falls back on "you'll understand when you're older :pat:" when there's no defense for whatever someone younger calls him out on.

I get an extra kick out of it on this subject, where the biggest thing standing in the way of progress is old people with old prejudices that haven't died out yet.

Why do you think a business cant be run according to biblical principle?

What biblical principles apply to selling fast food?

I'm going to have to disagree here. Christianity is a pretty broad philosophy and it might actually make a difference.

FWIW, even I prefer Christianity to Objectivism, push comes to shove.

I think I may give off an exaggerated impression that I hate Christianity. I sincerely don't. I just don't want it to overrun my life, and there are people working tirelessly to do just that.

I am, actually. But I'm not deluded that I have any right to prevent other people from doing it.

Don't mind him, Mango, he always falls back on "you'll understand when you're older :pat:" when there's no defense for whatever someone younger calls him out on.

Wait, seriously? MobBoss is throwing around "you'll understand when you're older" as a serious argument?

Oh, wow.

Wait, seriously? MobBoss is throwing around "you'll understand when you're older" as a serious argument?

I don't know that MobBoss is wrong, though. I mean Mango might very well arrive at the same conclusions if he's immersed in Christianity for a few more decades. Or he might stay a liberal Christian. But it's not crazy to say what MobBoss is saying.

I'm defending MobBoss :hmm:

I don't know that MobBoss is wrong, though. I mean Mango might very well arrive at the same conclusions if he's immersed in Christianity for a few more decades. Or he might stay a liberal Christian. But it's not crazy to say what MobBoss is saying.

Nah, just against logic.

Did he not said of "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her?" He also spoke of forgiveness.

Eh, as an atheist I must say your theology is absurd. I don't think you actually understand Christianity.

I'm sure Martin Luther King Jr. wouldn't have approved either.

Look, we're breaking new ground. I get that we're stepping on a lot of toes. I still have the same opinion.

You're the second person to claim this about MLK. But that's a ridiculous statement. Everyone who stood next to MLK who still fights for civil rights has endorsed same sex marriage. MLK would have been on board probably by the late 90s.

You're the second person to claim this about MLK. But that's a ridiculous statement. Everyone who stood next to MLK who still fights for civil rights has endorsed same sex marriage. MLK would have been on board probably by the late 90s.

Possibly. It's kind of impossible to know.

I was simply stating that to cut off an attack I thought was coming. I figured I'd concede it and get it out of the way.

He also said 'go and sin no more'. What part of that dont you grasp?

Homosexuality is indeed a sin by biblical definition. And actually, bigotry itself isnt really found in the bible per se. Although it could probably be said to be an extension of hatred which is a sin.

I mean really, if you cant even be honest about biblical issues, then whats the point of going on?

History is not on you side.

Of course it is.

Experience states otherwise. And if I am not mistaken a certian "Karl" was not a conserative despite aging...

There are exceptions to every rule. That doesnt necessarily disprove the rule.

You denying that it is a falacy

Since you didnt catch on in my last reply; fallacy has 2 L's. Just trying to help.

it be like stating gravity is only a theory. I am sad to inform you that other figures would disagree with you.

a. You wouldnt be sad. b. Your're citing exception, not rule.

Among my teachers the eldest men tend to be rather unconserative.

Educators are notoriously liberal. Again, these exceptions dont disprove the overall rule.

Experience dictates against you "observation."

Errr. No. Unless you adhere to your own singular anecdotes in this case.

People grow up but igorance can be found in old age just as it can be found in young age.

Ignorance can indeed be found in any age; but again, that doesnt disprove the generalization. For example, older people can be ignorant of newer technology; it doesnt make them stupid.

Knowledge does not come from age

With very few exceptions of course it does. As you grow older, your experience grows and thus your knowledge increases. Come on.

but from seeking of it and in its seeking one must open the mind. Your arguments are of falacy.

Mine arent. Yours are. And again, fallacy has 2 L's. No charge for the knowledge you just gained there....;)

Debate has its own rules. Honour is one of them. Falacies are dishonourable.

How quaint.

And like all journeys some people take the slow route.

Some call that the senic route. Protip: sometimes thats preferable.

Knowledge is not simple a journey. It is beyond any notion of observations. It is power beyond power.

Now your're just talking nonsense.

Lucy please be fair....mango cast the first ageism stone, not me. The least you could do is be fair and recognize that. But to address your point, you may not like it (younger people never do, even me when I have to face it vs those elder to me as well) but the point is indeed valid.

Do a biblical keyword search for 'market' and see what you find.

Oh, wow.

See above.

It is all part of this patently absurd notion that hatemongers like Mike Savage continue to promote that blacks are just as homophobic and bigoted, if not more so, than many white evangelists and fundamentalists are.

Why do people keep mentioning Gore Vidal? Some women were against women's suffrage back in the day, it's not surprising that you get the occassional person who's against their group's self interest. Maybe a lot of gays his age were happy with their unconventional lifestyle and didn't feel a need for it. Things changed.

It is all part of this patently absurd notion that hatemongers like Mike Savage continue to promote that blacks are just as homophobic and bigoted, if not more so, than many white evangelists and fundamentalists are.

I, too, suspect that this isn't quite the case. I think acceptance will filter quite easily into the black community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom