Mayor Revolutions issue

Killtech

Discutator
i've caught a mayor issue with revolutions mod that is quite game breaking and occurs only in the very early game and probably only on snail and eternity game speed. as long as you don't have a religion your cities will revolt - no matter what! i've used advanced start option with few points so i started with size 2 capital and a settler, no techs (as contrary to my other games). game speed snail. my second city started build up revolutions bar extremely quickly. researching wheel and connecting to capital didn't help against the incoming revolt nor did the building of all available culture buildings. stronger garrison didn't help either to prevent revolts. first after i founded a religion and town became holy city revolutions index went down to zero in few turns. when religion expanded to other cities all revolutions problems disappeared suddenly.

this behavior doesn't make much sense and is most annoying because the only possibility handle it is to get a religion asap. nothing else works or is impossible in such early game stage. i suggest to activate revolutions all together until reached the classical age.

EDIT: the cause is the 'distant location' factor that cannot be compensated in this early game stage other than with a religion. the problem will probably occur only on the slowest game speeds as it takes quite some turns to sum up sufficient RevIndex. not having a road connection for a time due to not have researched the wheel will cause a severe increase and very soon revolutions will follow.

Your report is a big surprise to me, because I'm not an religion rusher, and I never got an early revolution because the lack of faith. Maybe there are other factors in your game contributing to the Revs. I suggest looking at the Revolution Cheats screen. :)

Your report is a big surprise to me, because I'm not an religion rusher, and I never got an early revolution because the lack of faith. Maybe there are other factors in your game contributing to the Revs. I suggest looking at the Revolution Cheats screen. :)

which game speed do you play on? i suppose that revolution effects do not scale correctly with game speed anyway. otherwise they could rise form zero to maximum in one turn on fastest game setting. i mean it has taken me over a 100 turns to discover a religion and i think the turns alone count.

checked in the revolution cheats screen: distant location alone is not compensable in the early game so the revolution index will rise - no matter what. (although my second city is just a few tiles away!). cannot compensate by culture or garrison. furthermore if a city is founded before the invention of the wheel and thus a road connection cannot be build revolutions will start very very soon. but having a religion completely kills that problem as it subtracts quite a lot RevIndex.

I play Epic and Monarch most times.

The Rev Cheats are located on the Che Guevara button together with all other rev info. You need to click on a selection at the bottom of the window.

I play Epic and Monarch most times.

The Rev Cheats are located on the Che Guevara button together with all other rev info. You need to click on a selection at the bottom of the window.

thx, i've found them. the game speed seems to be the important factor that decides if the RevIndex can stack up fast enough for revolutions to occur.

I noticed the problem with revolutions in Eternity after building a 2nd city. It had to do with a massive distance penalty. So, all I did was turn off the distance penalty. Of course, I boosted other factors to compensate.

Another issue is that starting on anything but an Ancient start running Eternity will lead to several AIs breaking down into civil war in the first 30 turns due to them switching all their civics at once (leading to 28 turn anarchies from hell).

Another issue is that starting on anything but an Ancient start running Eternity will lead to several AIs breaking down into civil war in the first 30 turns due to them switching all their civics at once (leading to 28 turn anarchies from hell).

That looks like something the Revolutions team should know about so they can fix it "in the fullness of time".

That looks like something the Revolutions team should know about so they can fix it "in the fullness of time".

I wasn't sure if that was the Revolutions team's problem or AND's problem considering that revolutions work alright in marathon.

Still, that's another reason I lowered the distance penalty because the AI gets two or three cities and goes into a 28-turn anarchy, not only is it destroyed, but so are the rebels because the cities get razed.

I should get around to posting something on the Revolutions forum suggesting that changing civics the first time on Classical or above starts don't cause anarchy and new civilizations get a free change the first time as well.

I guess I'll hold off using revolutions in my games then. I play on gigantic maps with customized eternal speed and this revolutions issue would probably mess up things really bad (mostly for AI I bet). :p

If I get around playing on faster speeds I'll give them a spin.

I guess I'll hold off using revolutions in my games then. I play on gigantic maps with customized eternal speed and this revolutions issue would probably mess up things really bad (mostly for AI I bet). :p

If I get around playing on faster speeds I'll give them a spin.

You can customize speeds?

In any case, the quick-fix I came up with was simply to turn off the distance penalty or at least, halve it using the config file.

I think I found the problem, with the way gamespeeds scale in RevDCM. I'll be sure it include the fix in patch D.

I'll ask here since it's a revolution issue I have and don't want to start a thread.

What are the change you made to revolution? I am trying to stabilize my empire and just can't seem to find a good way to do so. Any help?

11 city, medieval era, Hindu is state religion and spread to all my city.

Unstable (worsening)
Good: Republic (lighter grey), Vassalage, Senate, Public Work
Bad: Financial trouble (in light grey), Bourgeois

About financial trouble... got 4k in treasaury, +22 a turn and have 90% research.

Oh.. and 6 of my city are ''colony'' with the forbidden palace. (I got a japan style start)

Thanks

It depends on your map-size. Smaller map sizes make maintaining many cities harder than larger map sizes. What is financial trouble? I get it anytime I seem to be doing well financially.

Large map size, current difficulty Deity (started at monarch ... seems I asked not to change difficulty but it did anyway.. oh well)

Large map size, current difficulty Deity (started at monarch ... seems I asked not to change difficulty but it did anyway.. oh well)

Did you say not to change in the Bug-RoM options or just the start up? In the start-up, there's the increasing difficulty option and in the BUG options, there's Flexible difficulty which increases or decreases your difficulty depending on how well you're performing compared to other civilizations.

It seems that nationally, your largest problem is Financial (which I have no idea what causes it exactly). Try looking at individual cities and looking for nationalist problems or religion problems. If all else fails, cede a tiny part of your empire to the new civilization whom will ask for you to re-annex anyway a few dozen turns later anyway (with a few easy military units).

Intolerant civic, so no non-state religion. Every city are good.

I know that's what will happen, but I'm trying to understand the enigmatic financial trouble I seems to have... lol

Guess I forgot to remove it in bug me when I started this game. oh well, can't increase anymore I guess

So no one knows?

To be brutally honest, I really don't care about national stability. It only matters when your cities actually revolt (Higher National instability = more widespread and larger revolutions)

If you can get your local rev index down low (Below 1000), then you will be completely sweet :D

is that true? cool ok ... I'll keep going then

Top Bottom