Mazatl Worldspell

heisenberg

Lost in Erebus
I need help finding/casting the Mazatl worldspell... :rolleyes:
Are there any other prereqs for casting the worldspell other than building all 12 wyvern guardians? Built all 12 of them in my last game but cannot seem to find the usual worldspell icon on them. Tried moving all 12 into the same city to cast it but it didnt work either. Are there other prereq techs etc?

funny thing is, I started a brand new game and voila there the worldspell icon was, albeit blanked out. went to recheck every city to see that i have not accidentally casted it. not sure if its a bug :confused:

not sure if the mazatl worldspell works or not right now, I guess it does, but I'd like to see it tweaked, same with the Archos worldspell. they both look kinda dull compared to the others. maybe something like a web effect that paralizes enemy units would be nice for the Archos, not sure about the mazatl though :D

btw, why can't the hammers provided by the Dural worldspell overflow? I know this is intended, I'm just not sure about the reason though ..

well i havent really thought about the dural spell much but offhand it seems that if overflow is allowed, i'll simply start the game, cast the world spell and march my 4 extra warriors to murder the neighbour civ. or maybe wait till i found a 2nd city and march 8 extra warriors over :lol: pretty much means an early KO for the neighbour civ lol

that's not a problem, just give the worldspell a tech prereq, or minimum number of cities to cast it prereq, or anything that doesn't allow that exploit ;)

well i havent really thought about the dural spell much but offhand it seems that if overflow is allowed, i'll simply start the game, cast the world spell and march my 4 extra warriors to murder the neighbour civ. or maybe wait till i found a 2nd city and march 8 extra warriors over :lol: pretty much means an early KO for the neighbour civ lol

[to_xp]Gekko;7279123 said:
that's not a problem, just give the worldspell a tech prereq, or minimum number of cities to cast it prereq, or anything that doesn't allow that exploit ;)

That's pretty much the reason - but also to encourage construction of something substantial (building, wonder etc) with the bonus, rather than a couple of units. I tend to use it just after researching writing and setting all cities to build libraries. Effective and somewhat thematic.

Speaking of the Dural worldspell, the AI is ~horrible~ at using it; invariably they waste it on their first settler.

I just want to add that the screenshot in that first post is very cool. I really like the look of the jungles with the lizardmen in this mod! :goodjob:

Speaking of the Dural worldspell, the AI is ~horrible~ at using it; invariably they waste it on their first settler.

They should be slightly smarter about it than that, but it might still need a little work. They shouldn't be allowed use it until they have projects being built that require more than 1000 production across all cities (quick and dirty method, but I thought it had been working well enough).

Code:
	if pPlayer.isHuman() == False:
		prodNeededTotal = 0
		for iCity in range(pPlayer.getNumCities()):
			pCity = pPlayer.getCity(iCity)
			prodNeededTotal += pCity.getProductionNeeded()
		if prodNeededTotal > 1000 :
			return True
		else:
			return False

well, I think I'm having the same issue as the OP. patch L, in the game I've just won with mazatl, I had 12 wyvern guardians and the icon for casting "found order of the wyvern" just was nowhere to be found. yes, I was trying to cast it in a city :p

speaking of lizards, when you capture "human" workers ( say, doviello worker) with the mazatl, they switch to lizard workers. is this intended? it looks rather odd tbh ;)

The issue is that the DLL thinks that Casting Trust, Casting your WorldSpell and building your first archer unit are all the exact same thing. So if you cast trust or build an archer, then you are locked out from casting your worldspell.

Actually a really small one. Already fixed for next release, just probably going to be a while till the next release happens for other things to be tested/implemented.

You could temporarily fix it by adding 2 new Global Defines I think, define in GlobalDefinesAlt FEAT_TRUST and FEAT_GLOBAL_SPELL (exact same names as are used in the FeatInfos.xml) the appropriate numbers for each of the feats. 31 for Trust and 33 for Global Spell if you haven't re-arranged the FeatInfos.

That sounds like a pretty big bug. Will it be fixed soon?

Actually a really small one. Already fixed for next release, just probably going to be a while till the next release happens for other things to be tested/implemented.

I might make the next one a little sooner for that fix - though it'll just be a small patch without much other than the texture for the Blackwater/Grids CtD and the Feat stuff.

They should be slightly smarter about it than that, but it might still need a little work. They shouldn't be allowed use it until they have projects being built that require more than 1000 production across all cities (quick and dirty method, but I thought it had been working well enough).

Code:
    if pPlayer.isHuman() == False:
        prodNeededTotal = 0
        for iCity in range(pPlayer.getNumCities()):
            pCity = pPlayer.getCity(iCity)
            prodNeededTotal += pCity.getProductionNeeded()
        if prodNeededTotal > 1000 :
            return True
        else:
            return False
Almost definitely not happening; they generally cast it within the first 100 turns, usually around turn 60 on Noble. I'd be surprised if they had 1000 total needed production on turn 60.

Speaking of world spells, can I request that the AI for For the Horde be changed to check for the total number of barbarian ORCS, not just the total number of barbarians? It's a really simple change, and makes the clan ~vastly~ more effective with their worldspell.

And finally, I seem to be having a very annoying battle with the adviser pop-ups. Namely, I can't fricking turn them off. >.< I ~hate~ the adviser pop-ups, but for some reason in my last couple games they pop up even when the option for them is unchecked. Also, I had a game recently that felt the need to congradulate me EVERY TURN on connecting my first food resource (clam, which, ironically enough, wasn't my first food resource; crab was).

...Actually, I might be wrong on that one; it might have been every time I reloaded a save, since I was reloading frequently due to some cheap shots by the barbs. But I definately got that pop-up a couple dozen times across twenty turns or so.

I personally think it would probably be a good idea to change world spells to just be cheap civ-specific rituals with a national limit.

Can you please hurry up and get patch M out so I can waste my weekend on it and fail my tests next week?

Update on the recurring food one: This one seems to happen in any game in which I get Clam. I will get a "congratulations on first food resource" a second time for the Clam, and then every time I load a save, I will get a pop up congratulating me for acquiring Clam.

I guess Clam is just really popular. XD

Top Bottom