This should work now, I just tested it. Uploading now.

pretty much all the lua for this civ was broken in 1 way or another, due to unique capture changes or from me messing up the era scaling for Medjay gold.

Hi @pineappledan, I’m still seeing the issue with the Medjays requiring a unlocked policy in order to purchase them. I’m using the latest version 1.4. Is this something you managed to fix?

v2.6 compatibility online. changes to pitati and medjay in light of the slinger and sword line promotion changes.
Hi @pineappledan, I’m still seeing the issue with the Medjays requiring a unlocked policy in order to purchase them. I’m using the latest version 1.4. Is this something you managed to fix?
You were playing against Nubia as a different civ and are asking why you couldn't buy Medjay?
The Medjay is locked by a policy. That policy is a dummy that is given to you if you have an embassy with Nubia. You need to have traded embassies and be on good terms with Nubia or else you can't buy their UU

3.0 compatibility is live.

Only balance change is that Medjay garrison bonus changed from Needs reduction to +1 happiness in city

Just doing a run with Nubia. Very well designed civ. Not too weak and not too strong. Thank you for the solid work!

The UA production bonus is solid early and throughout the game. Makes for some interesting decisions early on.
The conquest bonus I did not use yet, but it sounds very juicy for leveling up your units. Like getting another CS conquest quest.

The archer allowed me an early rush to take out Korea and is still contributing to sieges along with cannons.

The UI gives very strong culture and faith. It incentivises you to conquer early and to delay getting to a new era. Having an archer-heavy army works well here. You don't need gunpowder or rifling as much.

The Medjay is a good source of happiness and gold. The AIs bought about 30.

The UB fit the kit well since I had lots of faith at that point and instantly bought it in every city.

All in all, I would not change anything. Feels great to play Nubia.

Just one question: why was the archer renamed? Apedemak archer sounded quite cool IMO.

Very interesting civ to play. I like the UI yields increasing with eras and the Medjay mechanics.

But aren't UI yields a bit too strong? I have so much culture (UI), faith (UI+UB) and gold (UI+UB+Medjay). Even production is not an issue with UA. I also have no unhappiness issue thanks to Medjay.

I think UI yields should be toned down a little.

Very interesting civ to play. I like the UI yields increasing with eras and the Medjay mechanics.

But aren't UI yields a bit too strong? I have so much culture (UI), faith (UI+UB) and gold (UI+UB+Medjay). Even production is not an issue with UA. I also have no unhappiness issue thanks to Medjay.

I think UI yields should be toned down a little.
I feel faith is most noticeable in this kit. Other civs also get culture, but most times not as much I guess. I had close to 500 faith per turn in renaissance with 13 cities and without insatnt yields.

The gold from Medjays stops when they go obsolete.

At least combat-wise, their bonuses are not that strong. But they beenfit a lot if they can conquer the right territory early to spam more UIs.
Wonder conquest is good later whem AIs have built many.

Royal Pyramid icon is broken in strategic view, it's twice as big as all other icons

1685545129830.png

Updated cenobium for 3.2 compatibility
removed gold to forests
increased production scaler to 1/3
reduced faith purchase cost to 200
reduced spread resistance to 15%

Fixed the strategic view icon size
This doesn't seem to be working as well, for my own purchases i get nothing.
Intended. The gold only is given if other civs buy medjay. If Nubia buys them for itself it gets nothing.
In game text was already correct, but I updated the OP to reflect this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom