McCain's flourishing list of flip flops.

Nope. Nothing I have read or seen indicates that he has ever been against gay marriage (or other equivalent arrangement). But do link.

Uh...in just last nights debate Obama said he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman...but says he supports civil unions for gays. To me this indicates that he thinks that marriage and civil unions are not the same. http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jws4AA64vCAkXKXnPNSwY93tZ-GAD92JR3FG0

Possibly? Last time I checked he says he trusts "the woman's right to choose".

Uh...again from last nights debate:
Obama said he would limit abortions in the late stages of pregnancy if there are exceptions for the mother's health. He said he knew that people who consider themselves pro-life will find his stance "inadequate."

Did you even watch this last night?

Uh, no, not in the USA mainland, where you have only 48 states.

Ah...so you dont think he ran campaigns in Alaska or Hawaii? :lol:

Uh...in just last nights debate Obama said he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman...but says he supports civil unions for gays. To me this indicates that he thinks that marriage and civil unions are not the same. http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...tZ-GAD92JR3FG0

If the "Civil Union" is functionally equivalent to a marriage, as all sources seem to state, then what's the fuss about? It's basically Edward's position.

If the "Civil Union" is functionally equivalent to a marriage, as all sources seem to state, then what's the fuss about?

The fuss is that the man states he isnt in favor of gay marriage. No more, no less.

His position is contrary to what you perceive it to be.

Which really means "I don't care about gay marriage but the young evangelical voters I'm going after might."

Ergo...he is pandering (or at worst lieing about it)....thanks for that. :lol:

Pandering, but not changing his position.

Dude...if you thought he was pro-gay marriage and he states he thinks marriage is between a man and a woman.....

A. Did he change his position?

or

B. You dont know Hussein as well as you think you do?

Btw, I notice you havent commented on the late term abortion thing either. I wonder why.

Don't forget about the public finance flip flop.

Ergo...he is pandering (or at worst lieing about it)....thanks for that. :lol:

Just as any other politician... save Ron Paul

So he did. All you had to say was "yes".

Insignificantly, that is, not measurable or worth even mentioning. And certainly no comparison to McCain's mountains of flip-flops. He once changed his position on gay-marriage in an interview, 11 minutes later after a commercial break.

My point is that Obama has managed to maintain consistency on important issues. McCain hasn't maintain any elementary consistency.

Don't forget about the public finance flip flop.

Which is not a policy.

And furthermore, he says "the system is broken".

Insignificantly, that is, not measurable or worth even mentioning. And certainly no comparison to McCain's mountains of flip-flops. He once changed his position on gay-marriage in an interview, 11 minutes later after a commercial break.

My point is that Obama has managed to maintain consistency on important issues. McCain hasn't maintain any elementary consistency.

Which is not a policy.

And furthermore, he says "the system is broken".

Still no comment on Obama's abortion flip-flop last night. Typical.

As for the 'not a policy' comment. So, if Obama gives his word to take public monies if McCain did...then breaks it....thats not a flip flop simply because he is only breaking his word?

Still no comment on Obama's abortion flip-flop last night. Typical.

As for the 'not a policy' comment. So, if Obama gives his word to take public monies if McCain did...then breaks it....thats not a flip flop simply because he is only breaking his word?

I must say they do come up with some creative ways to dodge having to admit that Obama is not as perfect as Obama wants his sucker supporters to think.

Hope and change was supposed to mean Obama would was different from other politicians. I like how he duped all these people into actually believing that crap to a point where they will create any excuse they can find to explain away when he shows his whole hope and change platform is a massive lie.

Obama's hope and change is that he hopes you don't notice when he changes his position.

Wiki

In January 2006 a group of scientists led by Drew Westen announced at the annual Society for Personality and Social Psychology conference in Palm Springs, California the results of a study in which functional magnetic resonance imaging showed that self-described Democrats and Republicans responded to negative remarks about their political candidate of choice in systematically biased ways.

Specifically, when Republican test subjects were shown self-contradictory quotes by George W. Bush and when Democratic test subjects were shown self-contradictory quotes by John Kerry, both groups tended to explain away the apparent contradictions in a manner biased to favor their candidate of choice. Similarly, areas of the brain responsible for reasoning (presumably the prefrontal cortex) did not respond during these conclusions while areas of the brain controlling emotions (presumably the amygdala and/or cingulate gyrus) showed increased activity as compared to the subject's responses to politically neutral statements associated with politically neutral people (such as Tom Hanks).[2]

Subjects were then presented with information that exonerated their candidate of choice. When this occurred, areas of the brain involved in reward processing (presumably the orbitofrontal cortex and/or striatum/nucleus accumbens) showed increased activity.

As Dr. Westen said, "None of the circuits involved in conscious reasoning were particularly engaged... Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want... Everyone... may reason to emotionally biased judgments when they have a vested interest in how to interpret 'the facts.'" [3]

I figure this thread needs a quick injection of Drew Westen.

I'm impressed at how fast this thread turned from McCain's flipflops to Obama's flipflops to Obama supporters excusing Obama's flipflops to discussing why Obama supporters are trying to excuse Obama's flipflops. Threadjack much?

At least the guy knows how many states we have. I wonder if Obama has hit that 58th state yet.....
Oh boy, more partian hackery. I get enough of it from TV as it is :rolleyes:.

Dude...if you thought he was pro-gay marriage and he states he thinks marriage is between a man and a woman.....

A. Did he change his position?

or

B. You dont know Hussein as well as you think you do?
OR.

C. He does not want to push his beliefs on marriages on non-traditional lifestyles.

Top Bottom