Me? A traitor? Never!

King_MJS

Chieftain
hey guys.
i am befuddled...
im new to civ 3. i got civ 3, play the world and conquests. in my last game i played as the celts. after destroying the measly germans, many centuries of peace passed... before my old allies the french stole my only source of saltpeter!
so, i declared war on them, signing a military alliance with the russians and spanish. what i didnt count on was that ever nation in the world (dutch, arabia, persia, scandinavia, england, portuguese) except the ottomans signed a military alliance against the french. so even the mighty french empire fell to the 7 nation alliance.
the french were defeated and i thought everything was glory for me. largest and most powerful empire i nthe world. until i found out that all my old friends hated me!
every nation in the world except the spanish and dutch were 'annoyed' with me.
i thought that with time this may pass, but it didnt. and wen i decided that iwanted to go to war with the russians and asked for a military alliance with other nations, they all rejected (except the netherlands) saying that i had betrayed them in the past. WHEN!!? i also noted that my foriegn advisor was telling me that 'we no the spanish/portugese/arabians betrayed our 'friends' the french.
FRIENDS! i wiped them off the face of the earth?
can someone PLEASE tell me y this happened! i dont no wat i did rong.
PLEASE HELP!!!
(oh and by the way, i went to war with the russians by myself... they smashed me.)
thanking you all i nadvance,
King MJS

Sounds like you killed off the french, instead of letting the AI do it. The AI doesn't like it when you take the last city. It tends to give you a bad rep for it. Better to let the AI take the last city and the rep hit.

Check out this article in the War Academy, and it explains about AI Attitude.

And of course, stop back in with any questions you have. :)

You must have broken a deal you had with the French when you declared war on them. Either cancel all active deals with them before declaring war on them or manipulate them into declaring war on you.

actually, the dutch took the last french city (but then i assimiliated it into my culture)
and i did have a rop with the frnch but i broke it before the war.
after the war the dutch werent very dirty with me, so maybe the others were because they didnt get the last city.
infact the only civs to have any real in put in the war were the spanish who took one city, the portuguese who took 3 and the dutch who took the last

There you go, you broke the RoP before it was over, and that caused the bad rep.

If you break it before the 20 turns is up, it's still a broken deal. Not sure if that's classified as "RoP Rape", I've heard it go both ways. But I'm thinking it's not.

oh well.
that game is over now anyway.. as i said. SMASHED by those damn russians.
ill start again and learn from my mistake.
thanks turner

i will for sure!
im thinking i mite play a conquest.
other wise just a normal game (i only play on measly chieftan so im thinking to step it up to warlord, ive already won twice on chieftan)
im thinking i mite play germans, english or americans.
yet to decide properly.
what do you think

Play the best civ available: Random! :lol:

Seriously, it depends on what kind of game you want to play. Consider the UUs, consider the traits and how to use them, and consider what type of game your looking for. I'd hardly go war-mongering with the Babylons (not that you couldn't do it with any civ, but the babs would be better for a culture win), but would consider it with the Romans or Germans. The english are good on archipelgio (Sp) maps, as their seafaring trait is very advantagous on that type of map. The americans do pretty good for expanding and 'building in' (sending settlers way out, and then filling in the gaps) not to mention a weak UU.... all the civs are pretty balanced, it just depends on what kind of game you want to play.

Ision has several reviews of the different civs, and how their traits work for them. Check them out in the Strategy and Tips subforum. (Most of his older articles are in a subforum, Strategy Articles, but there are links to them sticked to the top of the S&T subforum.)

So ask yourself what kind of game you want to play, and go from there.

well ive already had to cultural victories so im looking to go for something different. ive played as sumerians chinese indians romans celts egyptians. so far i like teh celts.
i would like to go war mongering this time. a little bit of spice!
thanks for the help once more.

Again, no problem. It's what we're here for. :)

The celts are a good war-mongering civ. I got my first conquest victory with them.

in the game i was playing with the celts, i actually won it by culture (but i changed it to 50000 culture points to win to make it easier) after i killed the french. i continued playing and thats wen i got smashed by the russians.

Look in Site Feedback for a myriad of those threads. It's also in the forum rules, too.

Dunno if you broke the military alliance with russians and spanish against the french when you killed them off...

easyist strategy when pickin a civ to win conquest with America i dunno it just seems like i always kick the liveing <deleted> out everyone so try that

Moderator Action: Colonel - warned, profanity. Profanity, masked or othewise, is not allowed here.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

hmmm I didn't know the word <deleted> was a profane word :D

If you take the last city of a civ, you don't get extra points?

Top Bottom