Me needs you

stormbind

Retenta personam!
Folks, could you please look at the attachment and comment.

Image 1: Geometric forms chosen by a computer graphics programmer and then modified by real world data (data is that programmer's "recorded" keypresses)

Image 2: Colours and positions chosen by a computer graphics programmer and modified by real world data (data is that programmer's "recorded" keypresses)

I think these are examples of preprocessing because the modifications occur before the rendering. However, they might be postprocessing because they happen after a consious decision is made. If anyone knows then that would be coooooool to share with me :)

Your comments will influence my university work - deadline looms ominously!! :(

Consider: how you feel about the pictures, does knowing that a human "made" them (that the disruption is generated by a human and not machine) have any influence on this?

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• demos.png
    demos.png
    64 KB · Views: 50
I am pretty much unaffected by knowing whether or not a human made the pictures, but I have a fascination for abstract mathematical art, so I might be biased :)

You heartless beast!! :lol:

Would you prefer a Mondrian or a "more accurate" computer generated rendition? How do you feel about the examples in terms of mathematical abstract art?

You heartless beast!! :lol:

Would you prefer a Mondrian or a "more accurate" computer generated rendition?

I'm not a huge fan of Mondrian. I can definitely see something computer generated being better than a Mondrian painting, yes.

On the other hand, I think a computer will have a hard time doing a decent Impressionist painting.

Yah, that is what i was originally aiming for... but we fell a tad short. Nevermind.

Top Bottom