Meanwhile, back in the Demogame...

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
While Donovan Zoi's unfortunate accident and heroic self sacrifice, and prevention of future similar incidents, is an important topic, I'd like to draw our attention back to the ongoing game.

A worker will be produced in 6 turns, and a warrior 7 turns after that. Pottery is due in 11 turns. The warrior build can be affected by working different plots, and we need to decide what the worker will do first. Once the worker completes, I'd suggest irrigating the eastern floodplain and switching the citizen from the other floodplain plot to the 3 hammer forest plot. The responsible officials may choose to continue this discussion in threads they sponsor. :)

The actual game is such a distraction these days ;)

but i think your idea is possibly the most sensible option.

I don't understand. Won't a Pigs Pasture benefit us more than a farmed Flood Plains?

Yes we have animal husbandry, I will poll to see what the people want, but my vote goes for road on floodplains, pasture to the pigs, road to the pigs and then go back to the road built on the floodplains, and build a cottage for money and future wealth.

road to floodplains, road to pigs, pig pasture. after that i have no opinion

Yes we have animal husbandry, I will poll to see what the people want, but my vote goes for road on floodplains, pasture to the pigs, road to the pigs and then go back to the road built on the floodplains, and build a cottage for money and future wealth.
I agree. +3 food from pasture means we don't really need to farm the floodplain (it's only +1 anyway), making cottage the best option (besides, that's what I normally do with floodplains ) . More money = more science. Production will of course suffer if we make this choice, but we will reach size 3 pretty fast, and then we can send a citizen into the woods, fixing that problem as well. [Error 856: comma overload]

why would we need road to floodplains? think we should do the floodplains then we can road to the pigs and build a pasture.

Best is pasture 1st. We don't actually need the health bonus yet, so the roads aren't needed yet. I still think it would be beneficial to switch a citizen to the 3 hammer forest on hill after the worker is built, to squeeze the warrior out faster.

Pasture first, then build a road from the Pasture if it can be done with the irrigation in the nearby Floodplain before we grow a third Citizen. If it can't, irrigate and lay down Roads later.

We should switch the second Citizen from the Floodplains to the Forest-Plains-Hill once training starts on the Warrior, then swtich the first Citizen over to the Pasture as soon as it's completed.

Chillaxation said:
Pasture first, then build a road from the Pasture if it can be done with the irrigation in the nearby Floodplain before we grow a third Citizen. If it can't, irrigate and lay down Roads later.

I don't understand what exactly you mean by "irrigation" here.

Chillaxation said:
We should switch the second Citizen from the Floodplains to the Forest-Plains-Hill once training starts on the Warrior, then swtich the first Citizen over to the Pasture as soon as it's completed.

But then we'll lose those 2 Golds our Flood Plains are providing us now. Research would be slowed down quite a bit.

Blkbird said:
I don't understand what exactly you mean by "irrigation" here.

I mean that if the Road on the Pasture AND the Farm on the adjacent floodplain to the SW can be done before a third citizen grows, build a Road on the pasture. I think it -is- more important to irrigate the floodplain before building a Road on the pasture.

Blkbird said:
But then we'll lose those 2 Golds our Flood Plains are providing us now. Research would be slowed down quite a bit.

Until we gain a third citizen, it will indeed, but I think the loss of the second floodplain worked will be made up for by the extra production. The third citizen can be assigned to the (with planning, now irrigated) floodplain.

On moving one citizen to the forest hill 3 hammer plot, the point is to get that warrior done so we don't sit undefended for another 7 turns. After the warrior is done, then we switch back to the gold-producing floodplain plots.

At most we'll need to irrigate 1 floodplain -- after that cottage all of them until we reach the point that we need additional +fpt in order to work zero food hills.

Meanwhile, back in the Demogame...

That's my line. :p

Irragate the FP to the east (cottage the others later), and work the pig. Don't bother with roads unless we need them to go north.

Blkbird said:
I don't understand. Won't a Pigs Pasture benefit us more than a farmed Flood Plains?
The pigs would only benifit us if there is a road connection between that resource and our road network. Unfortunately, the pigs and the city are not connected via a river since the pigs will be connected via a river system.

Right now, I would place the pigs at a medium priorty since the city's health level is still at a good level :). and just irrigate the flood plains. But we should not dilly dally on connecting the pigs since population growth leads to the spread of diseses and thus takes a beating at the healt level.

The pigs give us 6 Food instead of 3 after we build a pasture on them. How is this not worth it?

Sigma said:
The pigs give us 6 Food instead of 3 after we build a pasture on them. How is this not worth it?
I believe that it is worth it, but constructing the road to connect to the pigs is the thing that we should wait on. Perhaps I should have been more clear in my previous post :blush:

First Pasturize the pigs, then farm the two flood plain tiles. We should wait on constructing the roads untill we have irrigated the flood plains (This is after we pasturize the pigs)

DaveShack said:
On moving one citizen to the forest hill 3 hammer plot, the point is to get that warrior done so we don't sit undefended for another 7 turns. After the warrior is done, then we switch back to the gold-producing floodplain plots.

At most we'll need to irrigate 1 floodplain -- after that cottage all of them until we reach the point that we need additional +fpt in order to work zero food hills.

There's no point in not switching back after the warrior's done, if we build a Worker or Settler. We get the extra commerce for a bit. I wouldn't rule out keeping it on the hill were we building something else.

Is there a build order thread?

Top Bottom