1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Media] Sounds for deamon/vampire

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Raer, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Raer

Raer Chieftain

Hi guys,

I just programmed a daemon language word generator, generated a couple of words and here is what i came up with (the english words stem from what's in the colonization's sounds folder; if you go through the mp3s, you will notice that these messages are used by the units in the game, so i just wrote it down, generated the daemon version):

baageal enbemag awaiting orders
    daohiag what
    evgualua at your command
    igoben omvulid tell me what to do
    ojnohir nayop were on it

ijpiabia as you wish
    evgialia hat agmiler lets get moving
    agmiler moving out
    ubhavul certainly
    omrolub yes
    ze eppenagiid no problem
    runilebile very well

Then i set out to record the stuff with my microphone and here is the result, it's all up for grabs, simply use it with a daemon/vampire unit.

Search for this file in this thread and click on it to download (have tried to add the updated file here but it doesnt work)
    20091031Daemonchampion.rar

2. Raer

Raer Chieftain

Here we go, list of words said is same as above:

Attached Files:

3. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

Those demonic ones are pretty good, but i think they could sound more demonic. is it possible to put a filter through?

also what do those sound like backwards :p playin english backwards always sound creapy, i suspect playing gibberish backwards would be even creapier :D

4. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

These are quite neat indeed.

5. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Nice one :goodjob:

6. Raer

Raer Chieftain

HUGE UPDATE:

I borrowed my brothers sound equipment, and made my brother say the stuff above who has a MUCH better sounding larynx than I have. He managed to churn out this variant of the above. I think these sound INCREDIBLY AMAZING, give it a try.

I guess there are alot of grades of daemonhood in ranks of the servants of hell; this voice set is what i would class as one for a daemon champion. Mine would be good for a grunt. Alot of filters have also been added, here is the final product to utilize.

Attached Files:

7. Kebno

Kebno Chieftain

hey rear ive been lurking for a while and i just regged to say that those sound fantastic

ill be using them for a diff proj im doing if u dont mind. ill give u a heads up before i release it and give you credit. thanks!

8. admtanaka

admtanaka Warlord

These are great. Good job!

9. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

By the way, people interested in making the game sound better should check out Soundsnap. I got the sound effect for the ice breaking on the new Brigit/Carcer effect from this website, and it almost perfectly synchs with the actual shattering of the animation effect. Only had to listen to about 50 sounds to find one which timed properly :)

But the nice thing is, you can access the entire library for samples, and are limited in how many you download per time period, not just FOREVER as a non-paying customer. So anyone who finds more sounds that are nice then they can download can come back later, or just post on the forums for others to go snag them as well.

10. Psychic_Llamas

now THOSE are some fantastic deamon voices! would you mind if i used them i nthe Warhammer mod?

11. Raer

Raer Chieftain

Not at all, be my guest!

12. Psychic_Llamas

awesome thanks :D