Medieval Arabian Camel Archer (May 31, 2008)

Fantastic unit. What an amazing outfit.

The Assyrian section of the British Museum is one of my favourite bits, although I always feel a bit overwhelmed by testosterone by the time I come out.

:lol: Mind if I put that quote in my sig?

Sandris: Good unit and animations, however, IMO, the death animation could have been handled better.... If I would have done this unit, I'd have had the camel kind of collapse on its front legs, pitching the rider off forwards, then the rear legs collapsing and maybe falling on its side....

but that's just me. Camels are very gangly animals, and difficult to animate for those reasons.....

Sandris: Good unit and animations, however, IMO, the death animation could have been handled better.... If I would have done this unit, I'd have had the camel kind of collapse on its front legs, pitching the rider off forwards, then the rear legs collapsing and maybe falling on its side....

but that's just me. Camels are very gangly animals, and difficult to animate for those reasons.....

That would indeed make for an interesting death.

Shall I post a thread of Assyrian unit requests? Other than Steph's conversions from Chariots of War (which is the only game I've purchased since CivIII, for the record), we've only got utahjazz7's yellow-skinned Assyrian Siege Archer team and BeBro's Assyrian Chariot. In my mod, at least, I could use the following:
  1. a basic Assyrian trooper
  2. an elite Assyrian shock trooper ("zuku sa shepe")
  3. an Assyrian cavalryman

Assyrians are one of my favourite ancient civs. It would be really nice to make a complete Assyrian unit line. ;)

I agree with the above!

A small mod I'm working on right now - an ancient Mesopotamian mod - is currently having large unit problems - Assyria are going to have to be using Roman units, and Sumerians and Babylonians are having to use Arabian units! (And I haven't even started to think about the Hittites yet :scared:)

One of Sandris' favourite ancient civs, huh? I sense a hint here. *cough, cough*

For Hittites, at least there's that Meshedi Spearman Steph converted; presumably you've got that in play, no?

Assyrians are one of my favourite ancient civs. It would be really nice to make a complete Assyrian unit line. ;)

Yes it would...fancy doing it :mischief:?

EDIT: now I've read a few more posts and see I'm not the only one wanting this!!

I like your Camel archer - perhaps the death animation could be tweaked next time you do a mounted unit, as others have suggested, that aside, it's a great unit, thanks!

Thread with pics is up, minus a couple of wicked cool Scythian awesome dudes which will have to wait until tomorrow.

Top Bottom