1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Medieval Infantry and Guerilla Multi Units

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-Figure Units' started by Yorgos, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Yorgos

Yorgos imagine...

I know that the interest for muti units is below zero, but since I created two for personal use it's a shame not posting them. They are the Medieval Infantry and the Guerilla, two additions from Play the World for the line of the Swordsman. Both were created with Storyboard Builder. Known issues: the guerilla doesn't have a shadow.

Preview of fortify for the Medieval Infantry

Medieval Infantry
    Guerilla

2. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

3. Saturn6

Saturn6 Emperor Caesar

Look's good...gives that effect of a large army very well. I agree with Zulu, that fortify is outstanding.

4. WARRIOR_MD

WARRIOR_MD Barbarian

Finally! Thank you so much!
    /downloading/

5. I am the Future

I am the Future Oi Oi Oi !!!

Very cool you should make some more Conquests Multi Units verry few of them out their

6. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Um. .I'm pretty sure that Firaxis doesn't allow modifications of Play the World/ Conquest units....

7. Yorgos

Yorgos imagine...

I am sure about Conquests, but not about Play the World. In any case this means that unfortunately multiunits for Conquests can not be created.

8. Olorin0222

Olorin0222 Maia

There's been a lot of m-units done using Firaxis units, as well as a lot of c&p jobs using them. I don't see why it would be a problem now when we've been doing it since Civ3 came out.

9. SoulSkorpion

SoulSkorpion Chieftain

The reason we can't do Conquests m-units is that someone with Civ3 but without Conquests could use the art to recreate units that are supposed to be Conquests only. There's no problem with making m-units out of Civ 3 units because they're only any use to people who already have the originals. I have no idea why PTW m-units are allowed when Conquests ones aren't, but that's the way it is.

10. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

No, I don't think PTW are allowed. I have never seen a PTW m-unit, except for those WWII extras, and maybe the Japan extras. But never the dinosaurs, or the new cannons/catapults with the operator.

11. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man Supporter

All of the PTW Extras are free for sure - WWII, Japan, and Dinos. Can you imagine a Velociraptor pack or Triceratops stampede?

At any rate I am not sure about the other units, but since civ4 is eminent I doubt the powers that be give a flic if we use the units now. Could be wrong though.