Medieval World

oioi23

Chieftain
I've been working on this for a few months and I think now it's in a releasable state (will still be making improvements of course)
This is a mod containing three historical scenarios using Constantinople's huge earth map.
Features:
• 23 new civilizations to bring the Medieval World to life, all have unique Diplo Music, a UU and a UB as well as an animated leaderhead. Many also have a full artstyle of Flavour Units.
• Dynamic Soundtracks, music in the Medieval and Renaissance eras will be different depending who you play as. A feature i am quite proud of :). (e.g. if you play as Saladin you will hear Middle Eastern music, Tokugawa will hear east asian music etc)

Scenarios:

750 AD: The Abbasid revolution is in full swing, destroy the Umayyads as them and kickstart the Islamic Golden Age or play as the Umayyads escaping to Iberia to form the Caliphate of Cordoba. Fight off the Bulgars as the Byzantines and form Charlemagnes Empire as the Franks. In England the Vikings are invading and across the silk road the Tang Dynasty and Tibetan Empire clash in the Tarim Basin.

1200 AD: Saladin has just destroyed the crusader states, and the 4th crusade sent to relieve them is now heading straight for Constantinople. The Almohad Caliphate has conquered Al-Andalus and the reconquista is beginning, in the Middle East play as the rising powers of Khwarezm and the Ayyubids. Or relive the glory days as the Abbasids. The Sultanate of Delhi holds sway over India as the Chola Empire is in decline, China is split in 3 and the Khmer Empire is in its heyday. New Empires are appearing everywhere, with the Malinese, Aztecs and Incas settling down. And ,of course, the great mongol horde is emerging from the Steppes.

1500 AD: On the dawn of the Age of Discovery. Spain is conquering the new world, the Safavids are rising in Iran and the Toungoo Empire is forming in Southeast Asia. This one still needs work, especially in Central Asia but it is still fun.

You can also play a default game but dynamic soundtracks will not work and you will get the generic medieval soundtrack.

Download:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/medieval-world.28417/
Just unzip the folder into Mods as usual.

Thanks!
Yes new wonders are definitely planned, I’ve got the art for a few I would like to add.
Probably the Vijay Stambha and Khajuraho for India as well as the Prambanan and Borobudur for Southeast Asia but I will have to think of effects

You know in the download section of the forum you can download movies for wonders.
I am also working on a mod now that will have a lot of new civs and units but I can't be able to add new leaders, my game simply crashes when I add a new art for a leader.
So can I use some of the leaderheads from your mod, I was thinking only the European and Middle East leaderheads. But only the Art.

Some dumbass bugged your upload. I tried to download and avast antivirus said it blocked something from downloading that was a virus.. I would suggest just uploaded the mod to civfinatics if that's possible, if it's too big of a mod use mega upload or Mod DB

Top Bottom