Meet the Civs - A Guide to Civ6 Civilizations (Updated 2/10/19)

Also, multiple leaders was confirmed during the live stream when the front page of the leaders section of the civlopedia was shown. It specifically said some civilizations will have multiple leaders to choose from.

Some people will still argue that does not confirm anything about Greece specifically but we know that the option for multiple leaders of the same civilization is in civ6.

Also Kongo's unique ability is spelled Nkisi. I think. I don't think we have seen how it's spelled on screen yet. I do note that Minkisi is one other way to pronounce/spell it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nkisi

Thanks for your work on this. It's allowing me to update my own guide. I always love to have everything written down and to hand when playing. Your efforts are appreciated. Cheers!

Nicely formatted Guide, well done Mate :) I feel the Strategy section maybe getting an overhaul once you/we get hands on with game. Really like the inclusion of the Leader pictures and introductory paragraph.

So pumped for this game!! I really needed a New Civilisation Game, I have become bit jaded with Gaming atm :( However, new Civilisation cures all evils :)

Thanks for your work on this. It's allowing me to update my own guide. I always love to have everything written down and to hand when playing. Your efforts are appreciated. Cheers!

Nicely formatted Guide, well done Mate :) I feel the Strategy section maybe getting an overhaul once you/we get hands on with game. Really like the inclusion of the Leader pictures and introductory paragraph.

So pumped for this game!! I really needed a New Civilisation Game, I have become bit jaded with Gaming atm :( However, new Civilisation cures all evils :)

Thank you both for your comments! I was starting to wonder if this was helpful to anyone or if I'm just doing it for myself (which would be fine too). :)

As for the "strategy" you are correct, it's really more of a "first impressions" at the moment. Once we get to play each civ I plan to add a lot. I would also be grateful for any suggestions on what people would like to have included in each strategy guide.

Some of my thoughts...

- Potential Allies & Enemies (based on agendas)
- City Planning (tips on effective placement of unique districts)
- Suggested policies, wonders, city state allies, religion beliefs
- Key Tech / Civics (where do that civ's unique units/districts/improvements unlock)

One thing I want to avoid is making it sound like if you play Civ X then you must go for victory condition X. For example, under Greece I could easily list all culture related wonders or city states but I prefer to offer suggestions to augment that civ's strengths but at the same time leave the door open to whatever victory the player wants to try for. Am I wrong on that? I suppose some civs really are heavily geared to one victory and I shouldn't ignore that either.

Instead I would like to look for CS, policies, etc. that offer good synergy with that civ's other abilities. For example, Brazil will want to look for policies that increase Great Person points.

Any thoughts, suggestions or feedback is always appreciated!

Ehi nice thread! Thx for your work, anyway how do you know Victoria got this power "When you settle on a continent other than your home continent, receive a free melee unit" if it's not in her presentation video? And why it's not there if this is true?

Ehi nice thread! Thx for your work, anyway how do you know Victoria got this power "When you settle on a continent other than your home continent, receive a free melee unit" if it's not in her presentation video? And why it's not there if this is true?

Several gameplay videos have been released that show the main menu screen where you select your civilization and they each had tooltips that listed all abilities of each civ. I'm not at home right now so I can't provided a link right now.

Several gameplay videos have been released that show the main menu screen where you select your civilization and they each had tooltips that listed all abilities of each civ. I'm not at home right now so I can't provided a link right now.

Ok thanks, so probably it's a feature added after the presentation of Victoria, good to know!

Some Civs are geared towards certain Victory Types, Scythia being a prime example.
However Greece is pretty open ended really. It's Strength really is speeding through the Cultural tree and the synergy this provides with City States and Pericles unique ability. (it also has kick-ass counter to early war-mongers :))This applicable to all victory types. Similar to the fact that Babylon Strength in Science helps all Victory Types in Civ5 or even better Poland.

For Suggestions as far as Greece goes, i would say Early Medieval Faires would be a Key Policy. 100% adjacency strength to your Unique Districts Yields is pretty powerful, particularly when it alos has synergy with Pericles unique Leader Ability.(More Cultural techs, more Envoys, More City States, more Culture....repeat :)....Get that snowball rolling :).... The same goes for Brazil, but in Pedro's case ALL of the 100% adjacency Policies :) due to the sheer power of his Rainforest start and unique Ability.

With Pericles announced and Gorgo likely for Greece, do you think a Macedon civ starring Alexander would be possible in a future expansion? It'd be fun to get a whole new set of bonuses, and the Balkans have generally been poorly represented in previous civ games.

I don't expect to see it too soon, but it seems plausible for an expansion or DLC civ.

With Pericles announced and Gorgo likely for Greece, do you think a Macedon civ starring Alexander would be possible in a future expansion? It'd be fun to get a whole new set of bonuses, and the Balkans have generally been poorly represented in previous civ games.

I don't expect to see it too soon, but it seems plausible for an expansion or DLC civ.

I hope not.
Alexander should either be a General or another Greek leader. (With a city list that repeats Alexandria over and over after his capital)

I hope not.
Alexander should either be a General or another Greek leader. (With a city list that repeats Alexandria over and over after his capital)

He has to be a leader as that was his role in real life just having him as a general makes little to no sense. :rolleyes:

He has to be a leader as that was his role in real life just having him as a general makes little to no sense. :rolleyes:

I believe Napoleon is currently a general (I wouldn't be surprised if Washington and Julius Caesar are too)

They are likely to become leaders at some point, but not yet.

If Alexander does become a leader, he should lead a Greek civ, separating out a Macedonia civ would add too many civs.

Top Bottom