1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Meeting a Civ

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by hongyu20, Feb 28, 2017.

1. hongyu20

hongyu20 Chieftain

When you first meet a civilization , there seem to be 3 types of scenarios , either you are invited to visit their city , decide whether you want them to visit yours , or exchange information on both cities , is this random or is it based on how close a unit is to the city ?

2. dhialuck

dhialuck Chieftain

Very good question I have always asked myself. Does anyone have info/confirmation?

3. RaidandTrade

RaidandTrade Prince

If you're close to their city, they invite you and vice versa.

Capitals may be if you meet when you're both far from your cities? Haven't figured that one out.

4. Evolena

Evolena Chieftain

I've never thought at city proximity... My hypothesis is about who is meeting the other (e.g. my unit encountering their's, or their troup encountering mine during their tour) leading to the invitation to one's closest city, and capital exchange seems to occur later in the game.

5. ShakaKhan

ShakaKhan King

Along the same lines, what triggers the first contact between you and another civ? In all previous games, as soon as you found either a tile of their territory or one of their units, first contact was made. In this game, I have seen several units (of a civilization, not barb or CS), and spent several turns moving towards them and even adjacent to them, yet first contact was further delayed. This is very odd and presumably glitchy behavior for a civ game.

6. hongyu20

hongyu20 Chieftain

It is probably a glitch , were you using any mods ? I had a similar problem when on the True Start Location Standard Map , the one in the Australian Patch , where as China , I started right next to Hong Kong City State, I saw their warrior moving towards me , but I did not establish contact and only gained the first to meet envoy a couple of turns later . I was using a couple of mods though .

7. stinkubus

stinkubus Emperor

I've experienced the same (moving next to an AI unit w/o establishing diplo) playing the vanilla game.