Mega Story II: The Unfreezing Prethread

cypher132

Emperor
Greetings. Cypher132 here, father of the semi-sorta-occasionally loved Mazera Mega Story. I lost interest in the first one because I tried to make it something that I hadn't planned it to be. I wanted it to be a continent of Erebus that would be able to influence with your stories. However, I tried too hard to turn it into a game. So, I am now thinking of starting Mega Story II: The Unfreezing. This will be less of a game, and more of a friendly place to write stories and influence a land you love, Erebus. I will give you a short story to explain what has happened since the last post of Mazera and what that continent has become.

After the leaders of several nations felt that The One had left them to rot in a Hell of unchanging, the Illians thrived. They continued with their rituals, bringing a new Ice Age to the lands of Mazera. Millions were killed, villages and towns torn to shreds by marauding Frostlings and the returning Frost Giants. Most nations went into hiding, losing contact with other nations. Many worried that Auric Ulvin, leader of the Illians to rise into Godhood. However, his attempts were thwarted by a spirit, strong of will and good of heart, wielding the legendary Godslayer. The identity of this spirit is unknown, but as the ascended Auric Ulvin drew his last breath, the land began to thaw. Slowly and slowly, more green and livable land opened to the various hiding nations. Each nation left their caves and began to rebuild.

Surviving Leaders from the Mazera Age

Faeryl Viconia
Deremei Diranth
Votakara
Perpentach
Cassiel

This thread is for old members of Mazera to give suggestions and for new people who might be interested to learn and also give suggestions. It won't be started for at least a few days because I want to plan it out. So yeah, give some ideas, ask questions, I'll be happy to answer them. If you're an old member and you're questions involves old characters, PM me and I'll let you know which of them are alive and what happened to them.

questions.
who/what are the Nortek?
why have you included them the cualli, mazatl and archos but not other non FFH base civs like the scions and mechanos?
How will this be structured?

No Luchirp huh? The only Erebusian story I have is about them. Sigh.

Also, who/what are the Nortek?:yumyum:

The Nortek are a goblin civ created by cypher in the old Mega Story.

But why did you exclude the Luchuirp?

The Nortek are a goblin civ created by cypher in the old Mega Story.

But why did you exclude the Luchuirp?

In #Erebus, he said the Luchuirp had been absorbed into the Khazad.

He also said he'd include several civs that aren't listed here... Seeing as he said that BEFORE he posted, I'm not sure why they aren't up. :lol:

I'm still structuring all this. The Luchuirp may be placed back in, I have a few ideas about the return of the Khazad. Though, other civs from FF will be included. Also, if there are any civs from other modmods like LENA or Orbis, let me know so I can decide which civs should go in.

questions.
who/what are the Nortek?
why have you included them the cualli, mazatl and archos but not other non FFH base civs like the scions and mechanos?
How will this be structured?

The Nortek are a civ I created during the first Mega Story. It's basically a civ that's Goblin-heavy. They are at the top of the food chain as opposed to the Clan of Embers where the Orcs are.

Other civs will be added, this is just a prethread. I want to get this all planned out ahead of time. The Luchuirp are probably going to split from the Khazad. I already have a storyline in mind for the split.

This will be less of a game, because I feel that's what killed the last one. This will be an ever-changing world (As long as there's interest) that users can write stories about and influence it's direction. It will run slower than Mega Story I so more people can get their stories in and not feel pressured. There will likely be 4-5 small updates through Monday-Friday, and either Saturday or Sunday will have a larger update.

Individual characters will be allowed, as I feel that seemed to be a hit in the old one as there were many stories involving the old characters.

I like the attention this is getting already, it's good. I'm also taking suggestions because I want this to be more user-friendly, less competitive, and more fun.

The tears. They should totally be in this.

The tears. They should totally be in this.

I forgot all about them. That is excellent. Thank you for reminding me about that.
I'll treat them less as a civ and more as a plague that crosses the land. I'll think of a few storylines with them.

What about summonable civs? I note the absence of the Mercurians and Infernals (at present). Would they enter the story at some point? If they did, what about the Frozen, the summonable-ice civ I designed?

What about summonable civs? I note the absence of the Mercurians and Infernals (at present). Would they enter the story at some point? If they did, what about the Frozen, the summonable-ice civ I designed?

Of course they will. What would an FFH multi-user story thread be without the demons, angels, and whatevers?

Any other questions and suggestions would be appreciated as well as a bit of promotion. I want this to be fun and for people who are stoners (or not) to get lost in Erebus.

If you're interested in participating just post in this thread, Get to know the other people so you can write stories together. We had a story co-written by two users that were in the first Mega Story.

If you have any questions, you can PM me. I'll answer them eventually.

This is just to catch you up on the state of the world and what happened after the Mega Story ended,

There was once a man known to the people as Votakara. He was beloved by both state and people. He worked to unite the races together to live in harmony, but fate intervened. His son, fighting to free a village from demons, was slaughtered and torn a part, the head sent to his grieving father. He abandoned his race, the Austrin. He abandoned everything he knew and wandered for months. His ambitions had failed. Bayamo had imploded from racial prejudice and the people seem to refuse uniting with their brothers. And so Votakara wandered, tired and hungry, losing faith in the god Tali he had followed since he could remember. He thought of suicide, deciding to end the constant mockery in his mind, until he stumbled a small Sidar village. He was taken to Celo, where Sandalphon, knowing of the man's great deeds, gave him the crown. The Sidar continued to operate, Votakara keeping to his chambers but giving orders. When the First Blizzard came, many Sidar froze and died. Votakara and the refugees that could reach the palace fled underground. By using what they were able to salvage they constructed New Celo. The village continued as it had before the blizzard, with some small chambers. Torches were needed to light the passage ways and bonfires illuminated the great hall, holding a necklace under lock and key on an altar. Many believe the necklace contains the ashes of the brave Hianthrough, stolen from the neck of Os-Gabella herself in the attack of Galveholme Palace. Os-Gabella escaped, but the ashes of the hero of the Mazatl had been recovered. With the snow dying down and the first reports of squirrels in the area outside the cave system makes them believe they are ready to retake the surface. Led by High Chief Votakara, New Celo built further outside of the cave system and began their mission of saving the blood soaked land.

Have you actually planned out an intro, body, conclusion to the game, or is this going to be another 'continue by inertia alone' game?

Have you actually planned out an intro, body, conclusion to the game, or is this going to be another 'continue by inertia alone' game?

I have an intro, several events that will happen that the users can write about and influence, and I'm not worrying about the ending right now because it'll probably change 7,000 times.

Of course, this is the prethread. Suggestions and comments are encouraged as I'd like this to run smoother than the last one. It'll be slower paced, less of a game, and more of a story about a fictional part of Erebus.

Of course, to help me decide whether to start it or not depends on how many people we can get involved. It will be slower paced unlike the last one so there's no pressure or competition. Civs will not be owned, I'll technically own them all. This is in the lore section which has become famous for non-canon stories and I want to provide a fictional section of Erebus for people to write about.

Stuff about Raitlor.

Note that that story there is NOT her 'official' pedia. The following text isn't a pedia either, just notes, but it is her 'official' story.

Spoiler :
Raitlor is a girl born under Auric's reign, some time before his defeat; she's from a retired city.

Although everyone was down due to Auric's defeat, she stood, with her sisters, and gathered a small militia to try to fight back the Lanun/Hippus alliance that was mopping the Illian Nation of Auric's followers. They fended off some attacks but Raitlor knew the end was drawing near. The Alliance had many more troops; they were just busy keeping Garduk under control. She made up her mind and decided the wisest move would be to just give up and try to live on.

But her sisters didn't agree with her. They tossed her into jail while preparing a surprise attack against Garduk, in the hope to take it back and bring back morale to the Illians. After days, her smallest sister came back; nearly all the militia was killed in an ambush, not anywhere near Garduk.

Freed, Raitlor summoned a council, gathering many influential townfolks and militaries still enlisted. She told them her thoughts: that Auric had indeed ascended, that he was already a god when they came after him, that themselves don't have to worry because the whole world isn't freezing; it was still snowing outside, and she chose that as a sign of his presence.

Negotiations with the Alliance led to the Illians giving all what they had gathered as war loot; they also gave away their independance, becoming vassals. But the eternal Illian snow never went away.

Stuff about Raitlor.

Note that that story there is NOT her 'official' pedia. The following text isn't a pedia either, just notes, but it is her 'official' story.

Spoiler :
Raitlor is a girl born under Auric's reign, some time before his defeat; she's from a retired city.

Although everyone was down due to Auric's defeat, she stood, with her sisters, and gathered a small militia to try to fight back the Lanun/Hippus alliance that was mopping the Illian Nation of Auric's followers. They fended off some attacks but Raitlor knew the end was drawing near. The Alliance had many more troops; they were just busy keeping Garduk under control. She made up her mind and decided the wisest move would be to just give up and try to live on.

But her sisters didn't agree with her. They tossed her into jail while preparing a surprise attack against Garduk, in the hope to take it back and bring back morale to the Illians. After days, her smallest sister came back; nearly all the militia was killed in an ambush, not anywhere near Garduk.

Freed, Raitlor summoned a council, gathering many influential townfolks and militaries still enlisted. She told them her thoughts: that Auric had indeed ascended, that he was already a god when they came after him, that themselves don't have to worry because the whole world isn't freezing; it was still snowing outside, and she chose that as a sign of his presence.

Negotiations with the Alliance led to the Illians giving all what they had gathered as war loot; they also gave away their independance, becoming vassals. But the eternal Illian snow never went away.

This is great. It gives us an idea of one of the leaders we're working with. Thank you.
Any more of this kind of stuff from anyone would be great. Especially if you have some character ideas. All it needs is like..One paragraph, five sentences long. Just a short description so we get an idea of who they are.

Please come to the Erebus chat to give suggestions, ask questions, tickle my balls. And if you're interested in joining this new story, come to the chat as well.

Top Bottom