1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Melee slinger kills do not trigger archery Eureka

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by muhtesem insan, Oct 22, 2016.

1. muhtesem insan

muhtesem insan Amateur Revolutionary

I was going for archery Eureka but with it's limited health barbarian spearman attacked my slinger and died, but it didn't trigger the eureka. Either this is intentional and description is wrong for eureka or this is a bug.

2. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Technically the spearman suicided upon your slinger, and hence the slinger misses out on the Eureka. Yeah, agreed that the description is a bit misleading but it is at least consistent with all units, your units need to initiate the combat that kills the enemy.

3. beorn

beorn Prince

My slinger was attacked by a barbarian spearman, and the spearman died. (The slinger survived.)

Yet, I received no boost to archery.

Either this is a bug, or, more likely, the text should read "Kill a unit by attacking with a slinger" rather than "Kill a unit with a slinger"

4. Moriboe

Moriboe King

Yes, barbarians suiciding themselves is pretty anoying for these "Kill a unit with X" eurekas. It is the same for killing a unit with a spearman: doesn't trigger when the spearman is defending.