Memory Allocation Bug

tinwoauthor

Chieftain
Thanks for the awesome mod guys. I am a fairly casual gamer and this is the first one that I have downloaded and played for Civ.

I am getting weird memory allocation errors in this version of the mod. The first two crashes were due to a graphics card memory allocation issue it claimed, and today I got a program memory allocation issue.

The game I started with the latest version was with the PerfectWorld map generator with default starting conditions. 15 Civs in the beginning have evolved to 32. It took until the 20th century for me to start having these issues. It takes about an hour for the game to crash after I load it.

Any thoughts?

I get this same issue, but I never really saw anyone else having this problem until now. I just keep re-loading my autosaves whenever the game crashes.

If you haven't already, try lowering the graphic settings. However, it may not entirely stop the crashing, but it might make it take two hours instead of one :p

lol I had that same effect when I did that. I actually decided that I'd rather have MAF errors every hour with graphics on Awesome than every 2 on Ultralow.

Using LoR light and turning of the PLE options in BUG should fix it for you. LoR light with BUG's PLE options off should run at an almost equivalent performance as stock BtS. The full version of LoR is close (it was made with performance in mind), but it does have alot of added art; so if you're playing on big maps that would bring default BtS to a crawl it's likely you'd get MAFs with full version of LoR. Basically if huge maps are already lagging with default BtS you'd be bringing your RAM to it's limits anyway; so LoR's added art could easily push it over the edge and cause random crashes. If you want to keep playing with full graphics you can try lowering the graphics settings, but really the best way would be to get more RAM on your computer or play LoR light.

Solving the MAF crashes thread
Above is also something worth trying if you have over 2GB of RAM. It seems to stop MAFs for some users. I don't know, I just don't play on maps big enough to cause them, so I've never tried it. But it seems to be very effective for some users.

Top Bottom