Memory Allocation Failured

Wowa28

Chieftain
I have svn version 40.1.1457, huge map and 49 AI.

I get MAF every 2-3 turns.

I guess this is not a program error. But if I had a more powerful computer and more RAM then is there a chance of getting MAF less often?

Attachments

• Wowa April 5, BC-0762-2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    19.7 MB · Views: 100
I have svn version 40.1.1457, huge map and 49 AI.

I get MAF every 2-3 turns.

I guess this is not a program error. But if I had a more powerful computer and more RAM then is there a chance of getting MAF less often?
Probably not unless you're running a VERY old computer. The limits have become more based on the core EXE setup being outdated than on the computers themselves. That's a lot of AI you have running (shouldn't even be that many possible so... huh.)

How far into the game are you?

762BC - current year in the game

Intel Core i3-2100 3.10 GHz (4 pieces)
16 Gb RAM

Just a suggestion(I have no idea if this actually helps. Seemed help me once) but reinstall DirectX 9 versio from the CivIV(BtS) cd.

@Anyone: is this pretty close to our latest version on the SVN or is this like way back at this point? I noticed it's not 41.x...
Latest SVN is 11196.

So yeah his version ( 40.1.1457) is now OLD! And horribly out dated. SVN 11131 was the last usable SVN from that time frame before the Save Game Breaking of version SVN 11132.

Latest SVN is 11196.

So yeah his version ( 40.1.1457) is now OLD! And horribly out dated. SVN 11131 was the last usable SVN from that time frame before the Save Game Breaking of version SVN 11132.
That's what I was wondering. His report sounded like an outdated set of assets to me but I can understand if the problem is that the game is not compatible on the latest. Still, a lot of work was done to improve these kinds of crashes since then so... I suggest starting a new game. Still too many AI as well. If that was setup on a scenario, that could've been part of the problem.

I do not update the svn, because at some point compatibility with previous saves disappeared.

Therefore I have 40.1.1457.

Even a new computer does not solve the problem?

updating to the latest version and restarting might be a solution as a Lot of optimization has been done since, Might resolve the issues, beyond that we've long rolled past that station,

also on the Anyone, he lasted 4 days on this site back in January 2004, if you click the @ you go to his account

I do not update the svn, because at some point compatibility with previous saves disappeared.

Therefore I have 40.1.1457.

Even a new computer does not solve the problem?
No the computer is probably not the limitation.

Even on the latest SVN, there are MAFs on a regular basis for me. I don't think computers specs have anything do with the frequency.

Even on the latest SVN, there are MAFs on a regular basis for me. I don't think computers specs have anything do with the frequency.
Map size, era, AI count?

Duel, 2 AI, various eras.

Interesting. I'm also having a MAF, I'm playing on the Ultimate Earth Map and SVN updated earlier this week. Now I know that the UEM is just a massive map that had MAF issues before around late medieval era, but I'm currently barely at the ancient era and I'm getting a very consistent MAF error. I recall playing larger size savegames, and later era games, without any MAF issues on this same machine, so something feels off software side. I've tried deleting the cache and updating SVN, also patched the BTS exe to use 4GB RAM, but that didn't help; recalculating gives a MAF error too.

Attachments

• C2C Rome2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7 MB · Views: 99
Duel, 2 AI, various eras.
When you say 'regular basis' are you talking about after hours of consecutive play, when scrolling around the map or flipping through cities, or every few rounds between end turns?

After a couple hours, I used to he able to play for 10-12 hours without any MAFs.

After a couple hours, I used to he able to play for 10-12 hours without any MAFs.
OK, just taking some measurements to see where we're at. This suggests WE have a memory leak somewhere, possibly new.

Top Bottom