Memory leak in MP

DKVM

Joker
For some reason, my friends and I get a huge amount of lag in MP that we don't experience in SP. I looked at my task manager and it is using an abhorrent amount of memory so this is likely the problem. Have any solutions or unofficial mod patches?

Hello DKVM,

I often play with my oncle, I had only lags when my speed connection was slow.
So we never faced this kind of issue when the network was good.

After, we only played with two kind of PM game. It is local network and IP direct.

A last point, we are playing with DoaNE mod, but I am pretty sure that the original game was good too.

I hope it would help you. Are you playing with a mod?

No as we don't know of any mods that are MP-compatible. It was Direct IP on the Pre-Steam version. The connection was good. We never have any lagging problems in any other game, Civ-related or not. I am fairly certain it is a memory leak because it starts off with small hiccups and starts to really slow down as it goes on with the memory usage going to extreme levels. It makes it rather impossible to play an MP game on CivCol.

I play often with my uncle on MP games in Direct IP with the mod DoaNE without any issue.

You can try it if you see any difference, but I am wondering if your problem does not come from the steam version...

Have you the same problem without a steam installation?

I play often with my uncle on MP games in Direct IP with the mod DoaNE without any issue.

You can try it if you see any difference, but I am wondering if your problem does not come from the steam version...

Have you the same problem without a steam installation?

I'm not using Steam. That is what I was saying when I said I was on the Pre-Steam version. Mine is from a disc from Civilization 3 and 4 Complete.

are you playing it still with more then 2 players at a time?.... we are trying this but it will not connect.. not even with direct ip.. im seeing chatter about it having to do with gamespy servers. if you are able to do you do something special?.. have you set up a clone server like gamespy and could you assist me with this?

oh i should note.. if there is only 2 of us it connects fine.. but once we at a 3rd player he can connect to host but not the second player.

Top Bottom