Men and Women's Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElmoEmo

Chieftain
First of all, I'm tired of getting banned because some mod thinks that I'm being sexist.
Mod, whoever you are, if it's discussing gender issues, it's not sexist. This thread is meant to discuss, not insult or be sexist.
I've already taken steps to reporting mods who abuses power.

Anyway, back on topic:

So, in my last thread, which got deleted, we got into a really heated argument whether men's issues are as important as women's. Many say women's are far more important. Most posters here are feminists I assumed.

Here's my standpoint:

For women's issue:
Gender pay gap = myth. It's calculated by getting the average of both gender's earnings ignoring every "whys" such as choices, positions, experience, etc.
Glass Ceiling = myth. A woman not being promoted because of her gender is false allegation. It's not proven. There are many things to consider such as qualifications, competition, thinking whether the person can do a good job in both current or in the long run or not.
Rape or Sexual Harassment = real issue but these issues are not as bad as the issues I'll be presenting on the men's side.
Objectification = not an issue at all. I know I shouldn't include this but many brought this up. I for one would be flattered to have someone "objectify" me. It means I am sexually appealing.

For men's issue:
Child Support/Abortion - my problem with child support is that the woman holds all the power to the kids (the one wherein they automatically get the kids and the one wherein she decides the father's time with the kids). Last I remember, it takes a man and a woman to make a child.
"but it was the mother who carried the baby for 9 months"
And that's why I grouped abortion here. Feminists are quick to say "it takes a man and a woman to make a child".. "hence, he should pay for child support if the mother decides to keep the child". And the father doesn't have any say in keeping the child either. That's inequality right there.
Men have 40% more sentence time in prison compared to women AND men are the ones drafted in times of war - pretty straight-forward. That's when equality rears its ugly head. Want to be equal? Do the same for this one.
Women need no evidence to file a rape case to a man - the man needs tons of evidences to prove his innocence. Apparently, men are guilty until proven innocent, which is inequality. What if it's a false rape allegation? Society doesn't care about sending an innocent man to jail.
Suicide rates and death on the job are dominantly male - and this is what's worst than rape or sexual harassment. With rape, you can still live and do good with your life, with death, it's the end of the road.

Other smaller male issues:
Respect a woman, but don't expect women to respect you
Never hit a woman, even if she hits you first. Just swallow the pain
White Men Need Not Apply is ok. Don't believe me? Google it. Imagine all the uproar you'll get if you replace "Men" with "Women"
If a woman is in trouble, stand up for her - this is one of Obama's latest advertisements. Apparently, men are disposable. The message of the advertisement is for every man to stand up for women in trouble, even if she's a stranger. Not everyone, rather every woman.

Ok, I might be missing some, but these are all I can think of right now. I might add a few later.

Moderator Action: Five day ban, see below.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Moderator Action: Firstly, PDMA is against the rules, as you already know. Secondly, you've well and truly used up your chances when it comes to posting threads about sexism. Coming back from a ban doesn't mean you repost the same thing over again.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom