1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Menander I leads Indo-Greece in this Mod of Civilization VI v1

Lead through domination and religion as Menander I, ruler of the Indo-Greek Kingdom!

1. DreadHerring

DreadHerring Chieftain

DreadHerring submitted a new resource:

Menander I leads Indo-Greece in this Mod of Civilization VI - Lead through domination and religion as Menander I, ruler of the Indo-Greek Kingdom!
    screenshot.4.jpg
    The Indo-Greek Kingdom

Leader / Menander I

Civilization Trait / Lotus of Alexandria
    Encampment Districts receive a +1 Faith adjacency bonus for being adjacent to Jungle, Oasis, and Floodplains tiles.Units have +1 movement when starting in friendly territory.

Leader Trait / Procinct for War
    Ranged, Cavalry and Chariot Units earn Great Prophet Points from Kills. Gain the Haathi Savar Unique unit when they research the Horseback Riding technology.

Civilization Unique unit / Thureophoros
    Indo-Greek unique Ancient Era Unit that replaces the Archer. It ignores zones of control and is a little more sturdy, but only has a range of 1.

Leader Unique unit / Haathi Savar
    Indo-Greek unique Classica Era Unit when Menander I is their leader. Faith is earned from kills with this unit. It is unlocked with the Horseback Riding Tech.

Unique Building / Stupa
    A building unique to Indo-Greece for Religious and Military Development. It provides +1 Amenity to the city where it is built, unlike the Temple which it replaces. It produces Great General Points instead of Great Prophet Points.
    ---
    This is the first edition of the Indo-Greek civilization. This civilization is fully playable!
    The Indo-Greek Kingdom was somewhat of a paradox. Although ruled and conquered through war, Indo-Greece mixed Greek philosophy and Indian theology to give birth to what is commonly known as Mayahana Buddhism. With your early mobility and sources of religious growth, Indo-Greece is capable of turning a brutal early game into a peaceful and defensible religious power. Although Menander I considered his armies as defensive in nature, that might can quickly be turned on your neighbors. With your unique units, you can strike quickly or turn back the tide of foreign onslaughts. Build your Stupas to ensure that you will always have Generals on hand to defend

I'll be updating this once we get the SDK, and I'll be looking to add alternate leaders in the near future.
    ---
    Installation Instructions
    Unzip the files into your Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods directory
    In order for Art to work correctly, Unzip the contents of "DreadHerring's Icons" into
    Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's CIVILIZATION VI/Base/Assets/UI/Icons
    In order for models to display properly the contents of the "DreadHerring's Artdefs" Archive should be copied into
    Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's CIVILIZATION VI/Base/ArtDefs/

This will replace the current files to accommodate my icons, so backing up your files is always recommended.
    The most current version of all my mods contain the same collection of icons and artdefs. A copy from any mod will suffice for the others.
    This is a workaround for a lack of an SDK, and a copy of the files without my modifications is supplied should the original files be desired.
    ---
    Credits
    Mod formatting thanks to @Rob (R8XFT)
    Thanks to @mbl for pointing me towards the icon fix and providing me with the tools needed to insert building and unit art into the game!
    ---
    Known Issues:

You will continue to get Great Prophet Points long after you receive a Great Prophet. This is a part of the base game as nothing currently curtails the collection of Great Prophet Points.​

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Manifold, TPangolin and Agent327 like this.
  2. Modaddict

Modaddict Chieftain

Nice civ, The traits and units seem nice and the Stupas are mandatory. From a YnAEMP perspective, they get a fitting early militairy advantage to both push into India and potentially relieve Gandhi of some cities there while at the same time having the increased movement in their own territory to counter the Scythian horsespam threatening Bactria from the north-west. Troughout the game Stupa's will help maintaining a strong militairy tradition making Great Generals easier to secure as well as early warfare enabling Buddhism to flourish.

Just typing possible gameplay options immideatly makes it sounds exactly like what I would expect from the Indo-Greeks so great job with that.
    I've personally, as always, set their YnAEMP (Largest Earth) position at X:72 Y:74. I'm not entirely sure because I find it hard to compare the Civ map in that area to real life but it's at least close.

3. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

I like it, can't wait to see the leader when the tools are released. Will Demetrius I of Bactria or any other alternatives be added too?

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Who'd have thought Teddy was actually Bactrian? :mischief:

retrocity5 likes this.
  5. NerdByFate

NerdByFate Chieftain

You naughty man. ;P

6. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Iran please :(