Mercantile CS Luxuries

Takagi Hiro

Prince
Why do they disappear forever when conquered or sacked? For a long time this has bothered me, and after having a game where my mercantile CS ally fell to a barbarian with 1 HP left (yeah, f*** that, really), I'm here to whine about it.

Salt aside, it's illogical. If I capture a city that settled on coffee, I don't see that coffee disappearing. It also makes the monopolies associated with these luxuries pointless unless you're Venice, who for some reason can get away with assimilating and keeping the luxury... which I'm really turning my nose to. Why is it that only Venice can have these luxuries?

Seriously, just... Is there a weird reason behind this, or is this a long standing bug?

(Also, while I'm at it, Caravansary text has a typo in "neabry." I've stared at it for six months and I'm kinda sick of that one, too. :crazyeye:)

They disappear?

Why do they disappear forever when conquered or sacked? For a long time this has bothered me, and after having a game where my mercantile CS ally fell to a barbarian with 1 HP left (yeah, f*** that, really), I'm here to whine about it.

Salt aside, it's illogical. If I capture a city that settled on coffee, I don't see that coffee disappearing. It also makes the monopolies associated with these luxuries pointless unless you're Venice, who for some reason can get away with assimilating and keeping the luxury... which I'm really turning my nose to. Why is it that only Venice can have these luxuries?

Seriously, just... Is there a weird reason behind this, or is this a long standing bug?

(Also, while I'm at it, Caravansary text has a typo in "neabry." I've stared at it for six months and I'm kinda sick of that one, too. :crazyeye:)

Github pls.

G

What happens when a mercantile CS settles on a tile which has uranium/aluminum?

Top Bottom