1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Merging Better AI with Next War

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Better AI' started by vincint2002, Jul 4, 2010.

1. vincint2002

vincint2002 Chieftain

What would be the easiest way to merge Better AI with the Next War mod. This may have already been done, but I did a search and didn't find any topics about this.

I have never merged two mods together and have little experience modding Civ 4, so hopefully someone would be nice enough to explain it in "easy" terms.

2. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

I believe there was a thread about this some months ago ... or it might have been Final Frontier or whatever the space one is called. The same general comments should hold for the two.

3. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

4. skunkpuppy

skunkpuppy Chieftain

Sorry for dredging this up again, but I thought I'd give Civ 4 one last mega everything-in spin before Civ 5 comes out. Can I just check with those who know whether this would work:

(1) Replace all the original BTS files with Better AI files
    (2) Run Next War as a Mod

I've tried it and it does run, but I'm just wondering whether the fact that Next War has all these new types of units and buildings, and that it moves the space race till later, will these new feature screw up Better AI's logic?

5. skunkpuppy

skunkpuppy Chieftain

Ah i've tried something (a little bit) more sophisticated. I compared all the XML and py files between Next War and Better BTS AI. I merged the extra stuff from Next War into the Better BTS AI xml's, while (i hope) keeping the bug fixes and stuff from Better AI. The other files from Better AI I kept as they are as they are not replicated in Next War, and the whole combined lot is loaded as one Mod. I'm still not sure what effect the new techs and units have though, or whether the Victory Strategies from Better BTS work.

6. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

holy crap!!!!! never do this. always create a new modfolder with all modified files in it.