Merging Event Managers. How can you do it?

Here is the file and i'm going to try it one more time just to be sure
PS. I found another modcomp that is called Reinforcement and gives units to a specific civ in a specific year so I'm going to try to merge that as well later

EDIT: I tried it again just to be sure and no result

Attachments

• Assets.zip
    11 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
There is still something wrong with the CvEventManager.py, but I have really no clue how that happened o_O. Attached again.
And I also wanted to have the 2 other relevant python files, just in case ;), but try again first.

Attachments

• CvEventManager.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 35
This is great to hear :).

The main issue is that python uses tabs where lots of text editors are using spaces, and that messes up the logic. (it's a bit hard to explain if you're not familiar with programing, TBH).
The easiest way to get around it, I think, is to download Python, and use Python's own editor, Idle, for merging, because this one will retain all the tabs and spaces correctly.

I have not used WinMerge, as other have suggested in this thread, and it might be worth a try, I guess, since this recommendation is...errr... recommended more often.

I already have python but I don't use it since i'm more familiar with NotePad.
Thanks for the advice! I will try to merge the Reinforcement script as well now with Python.

I tired merging it with python and it only reads the Spawn a Civ and the War and Peace.
I have 2 questions that the answer to might resolve this problem.

1. Is there a limit to how many Custom Xml mod comps you can merge in an Event Manager?
2. What color is the text in python if it is wrong?

Oh.
I realized for myself. I tried merging with python only War and Peace and Reinforcement without the Spawn a civ and it Worked!

Thanks for your help The_J! Now I know how to merge event managers!

This question isn't related to event managers but I just really want to know how to do it.
Is there any way to create an event that Kills a unit on a specific turn?

Use the onBeginPlayerTurn hook.
IIRC, FFH has an example of Orthus unit being created on a specific turn.

Top Bottom