1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Merging Mods

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by colonialfan, Dec 31, 2010.

1. colonialfan

colonialfan Warlord

Does anyone out there know how to merge mods? I'd like to merge Modular mods 1.3with the Slavery Market mod. I've tried a couple of times, replicating the files from one mod into the other but the game if it does not crash is largely unplayable. What files and sub files do I need to copy/change, etc., etc.

2. KJ Jansson

KJ Jansson Prince

I guess it should be rather easy to do. Here you need only combine a number of xml files, add graphics and sound. No changes in source files are required.

1. Take "Slavery Market. The Orient. Port-Royal" as a basic mod.
    2. Add Custom Civilizations from "Modular mods 1.3" in "Slavery Market".
    Here you have to destroy modular system and add all civilizations (China, Denmark, Portugal, Russia and Sweden) as usual civilizations that you already have in the game (England, France, etc.).
    I do not recommend combine modular and usual parts in one mod.
    3. I very recommend first to add only one civilization. If all will be OK, then add others.

Good luck in modding!

Happy New Year!

3. colonialfan

colonialfan Warlord

Thanks KJ. I think though you have to break it down a bit more for me, I've only just started modding, and I am still unfamiliar with certain terms. Do you know what specific XML files I have to alter in Slavery Market Mod? And what do you mean by destroying the modular system and add all civilizations as usual civilizations to the game. I copied the custom civ folder from Modular United Mod 1.3 into the Assets folder of Slavery Market Mod. But in all the Slavery Market files I could not see any reference to the usual civilizations England, France, Spain, Holland, for which I could alter or add. Where would those files be found?

Any further help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS - Started playing your 1492 Mod, and liked it a lot, any chance of merging it with the slavery market mod?

4. colonialfan

colonialfan Warlord

Thanks KJ. I think though you have to break it down a bit more for me, I've only just started modding, and I am still unfamiliar with certain terms. Do you know what specific XML files I have to alter in Slavery Market Mod? And what do you mean by destroying the modular system and add all civilizations as usual civilizations to the game. I copied the custom civ folder from Modular United Mod 1.3 into the Assets folder of Slavery Market Mod. But in all the Slavery Market files I could not see any reference to the usual civilizations England, France, Spain, Holland, for which I could alter or add. Where would those files be found?

Any further help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS - Started playing your 1492 Mod, and liked it a lot, any chance of merging it with the slavery market mod?

5. ercolesptr

ercolesptr Chieftain

6. KJ Jansson

KJ Jansson Prince

You are right. This is a general case when you need 1) to combine source codes of both mods, 2) to compile a new dll and 3) to merge the xml and other files.

However, in current case you need only to merge the xml files, etc. "Modular mods 1.3" has no new dll. This mod contains only a number of new civilizations. Plus this mod made as modular, that is it should be (theoretically) very easy to combine with other mods. However, practically sometimes there are errors, as report colonialfan in his first post. Probably, he made some mistakes during mod merging however I cannot be sure. At the moment I have no PC with installed Civ4Col because my game computer is under repairing.

To colonialfan:

Please, check in the *.ini file this section

Probably, you merged two mods "as is" and take ini file from Slavery market mod where ModularLoading = 0.

7. KJ Jansson

KJ Jansson Prince

WTF, PypeTeepprola!

Делать что-ли нехрена, как печатать всякую ерунду? :mad: