Merging Next War and Gods of Old?

Schnabel

Chieftain
Oh hello,

There was a file posted here in '07 or so called Mechs'o'potamia which merged the two mods, but the download link (as well as the thread itself) appears to be dead.

I've tried merging the two myself, but I'm woefully incompetent when it comes to modding this game. As such, I'm relying on the community here to save my bacon. Does anyone here have access to either the Mechs'o'potamia zip, or some other mod which more or less does the same thing?

If not, is there a kind soul out there who'd be interested in putting one together? I'd be perfectly willing to sacrifice a goat in your name next time I'm at the local ziggurat. Give it some thought; goats ain't cheap, and Marduk's got a serious appetite.

Praise be; the cavalry's arrived!

I have never, ever heard of that program, but after playing around with it for a bit, I'm more than a little amazed. This little project's looking pretty manageable with that thing helping me. Thanks a mil, Willem.

Yeah, it's a pretty handy program for sure. I've used it a couple of time to merge some elements in the game. Just be sure to back up the original files before you start altering them in case something goes wrong.

if you manage to get it done, please post it. I found that same thread you did and I personally would love to see the 2 combined. GoO is my favorite BtS mod. I like it better than the regular game.

Shoot, all Next War does is add a few extra units, buildings and techs and make the world blow up if too many nukes are thrown around. You can just take Gods of Old and put that stuff into it.

Top Bottom