Merry Christmas 2022

Merry Christmas to all civers around the world :xmascheers:and Vuldacon thank you very much for that new version of EFZI2 Elite that you managed to create "just in time for Christmas" despite all the RL problems this year.

Merry Christmas, gentlemen. It's that most wonderful time of the year when Vuldacon comes down the chimney bearing new strains of horrific zombies. The holidays aren't complete until a version is released, further refining this masterpiece towards perfection.

Outside, the air crisp on the year's darkest night, snow swirling and the wind howling against the windows. Inside, a crackling fire, glittering candles, a snifter of Rémy Martin, and perhaps, an brief sojourn to Tom's Conquests of Might and Magic.

"God jul" to all civvers around the world! Here at the norwegian west coast, it still looks like we have a chance to retain some snow and have a white christmas after all.

We will be having a White Christmas this year, and Santa had better be wearing his heated long johns as we are looking at temperatures around 0 Degrees Fahrenheit, minus 18 for the Celsius users, with wind chills much colder than that. We are at the tail end of a winter snow storm, which fortunately was not as bad in my area as they anticipated. Still, blowing snow when it is around ZERO is not my idea of a great way of spending two days before Christmas.

timerover51... Yes indeed, it is suppose to be -8 degrees F. (-22.2222 C.) tonight where I live and it has been snowing all day and is continuing.
Many people having problems with Airlines having to cancel flights... Good Luck getting to your destinations.

Hope everyone stays warm... inside and out.

Have a Merry Christmas full of Good Cheer, Happiness and some Fun with Family and Friends :santa2:

Merry Christmas everyone! It will be a white Christmas here too, very similar to what timerover51 and Vuldacon were describing. It was -8F (-22C) when I woke up this morning and has warmed to -2F (-19C) now, with snow and ice all over. I consider today's main accomplishment to be talking a friend into postponing his planned trip back home in favor of giving the road crews time to work on the highways. Be careful with holiday travel!

I can only recall one time in my years in Ohio when it was most certainly colder than this, which was, IIRC, in 1995 when it hit -22F (-30C). Going below -5F is rare, at least near the middle of the state.

(And Vuldacon, for some reason I'd always thought you were out towards the southwest somewhere. Either I was mistaken or this cold spell is more widespread than I'd realized!)

Good Music Posts above. Helps to gain the "Christmas Spirit".

I sometimes forget that Good Music can uplift and even heal ... it "Soothes the savage Beast" and promotes a better state of mind.

I hope all of you can listen to some Good Music, what ever that may be to you... Merry Christmas.

Quintillus... Helping a Friend to avoid danger is indeed the mark of a Good Friend.

I live more South Central U.S. but yes, this Cold is Very Widespread!

Heat is that much more appreciated. I cannot help but think of the Homeless who have to survive outside.

Despite the problems and issues going on world wide, there remains much to be thankful for.

Top Bottom