Mesoamerican Galley

Chuggi

Espada
These are some Mesoamerican ships I made for Cultural Diversity. They didn't advance very far in sailing, in South America, so I had to improvise a little. But they look authentic enough (in my opinion). All the models are low poly, and use 256x256 textures. I also included all of the artdefinesunit XML I use, to save you some time. :)

Spoiler Screenshots :

Above: Mesoamerican Galley - Download

Spoiler Screenshots :

Above: Mesoamerican Trireme - Download

Spoiler Screenshots :

Above: Mesoamerican Caravel- Download

Spoiler Screenshots :

Above: Mesoamerican Galleon- Download

Spoiler Screenshots :

Above: Mesoamerican Ship of the Line - Download

That's it for now, hope you enjoy using them, and remember to credit me for my work. :)

Very nicely done... makes me want to download v2.1 of CD! :D

Nice one :) Still looking forward to some art packs of yours (or the biggest of them all: CD 2.1) :D

EDIT: wow, we sure do think alike here ;)

Thanks for the comments. It took about 6 hours to make so I would've been annoyed if there were issues with it. :lol:

Still working on CDM v2.1 whenever I can bring myself to it (coding really doesn't suit me :p).

Cheers, mate.
Hey, how about outsourcing the coding part? Or part of the coding part? :mischief:

This looks really great :goodjob: like other people said, it (together with the other one) brings variety to an area which did not really have a lot as of yet.
On a site note, I don't know exactly what kind of coding you're doing but if it is xml coding and stuff I can lend a hand if you want. Python and SDK I haven't done before so I can't really be of help there. Just let me know if you need help :) and keep up the good work of these amazing units!

Still working on CDM v2.1 whenever I can bring myself to it (coding really doesn't suit me :p).

Just skip it, release the units and leave the xml to the other modders, you are not an xml guy :D

Just skip it, release the units and leave the xml to the other modders, you are not an xml guy :D
Yeah... maybe just forget the whole "CD" thing and just make a bunch of units and release them to the forum! :lol:

amazing. i´ve waited a long time for such a unit. i´m gonna use it as a caravel.
you know that Túpac Yupanqui ostensibly crossed the pacific with a raft like this.
could you make a balsa canoe?

I can't abandon CDM because I've spent a lot of time on it.

Also the XML offers are tempting, so I'll think about them. :) The mod could be improved a lot by having nicer formations (which is something I'll never get around to coding :p).

Oh, and at least 90% of the coding is finished for 2.1 so theoretically I should get it updated soon.

looks good man love the photo where its beating up on the frigate lol.

It took about 8 of them to finally bring it down. :lol: But I wanted a screenshot of it so I kept adding more galleys in worldbuilder and attacking it. Also (not that it matters) but it was a Ship of the Line. It was created for Spain by JustATourist. :p

amazing. i´ve waited a long time for such a unit. i´m gonna use it as a caravel.
you know that Túpac Yupanqui ostensibly crossed the pacific with a raft like this.
could you make a balsa canoe?

Yeah I read that somewhere while I was making it. Although it's hard to imagine a raft making it across the pacific. ;)

I'm planning on making more mesoamerican ships - maybe not a canoe specifically, as they're usually only for one or two people - but I might be able to use it as a work boat for the Mesoamericans.

great work!
chuggi rules!

Could you upload the unit to the forum database? It is been simply impossible downloading files from FileFront, at least to me (but I've seen many people complaining, as well).

I think they disabled uploading files here after a hacker deleted half the database. :confused:

nope, i uploaded all models after the hack (luckily) to the database, also iirc i read that the back up rate is risen to avoid such a big loss in the future

and this is a really great model :)

I think they disabled uploading files here after a hacker deleted half the database. :confused:
They disabled the Quick Upload feature after the hack (where you could put files temporarily to hotlink them in a post). But the fil Database and the Post attachments do work.

They disabled the Quick Upload feature after the hack (where you could put files temporarily to hotlink them in a post). But the fil Database and the Post attachments do work.

I'm fairly sure the main upload feature was disabled at one stage because when I re-uploaded my ancient european spearmen, and my jedi units (which were all deleted by the hacker) I had to use filefront because it kept saying the feature was unavailable to upload it here.

Nice one Chuggi. Ancient navy is definatly the place where we lack the most od cultural flavor units.

Thanks! We also need more mesoamerican, native american, african and asian ships in general. If only I had more time... :p Then there's still european ships that need some flavour.

Top Bottom