Mesopotamia

Elhoim said:
Prestidigitator, a little consult since you are quite knowledgeable in this matter. The NOSHADER texture is for users without pixel shading, and the DIFF for people who has it? Also what is the SPEC one for? Thanks!
That's right buddy, the 'noshader' is for those without the pixel shader.

But in my case, I will not be using the 'diff' for Hammurabi because I'm using a different shader from the default civ4 LH one; this is because if I use the default LH shader the invisible crown would show up as black, and if I use a different shader the texture would look plain, so be careful as the 'diff' would only work if you're using the default LH texture.

as for the 'SPEC' files, these stand for the 'specular' property, making the texture shine, you do not need to play with those files, they do not affect the colour of the texture :).

If you need any additional information feel free to ask ;).

... and like I promised, here is Hammurabi, I actually created a Brand-New texture for him ;).
Here is what has been changed since the last version:
  • A (70% Black) grey hair.
  • Removed earrings completely and fixed colour around the ear (where the earring existed).
  • Made a new purple texture.
  • A (70% Black) grey beard.
  • Fixed some shadowing problems
Enjoy!
final hammur.gif
PS: you might not notice the greyer beard if you don't compare the original cyrus with Hammurabi. All I've got to say is, he looks quite different from cyrus now ;).

Enjoy!

:wow:, that looks GREAT! I mean it was great since the beginning, but now it really is 'flawless'!

Excellent job prestidigitator :thumbsup:!

BTW, I like the grey hair you added, it makes him look more realistic :goodjob:!

Great! :goodjob:

Sorry to be a nuisance, but it would be possible to add curly hair to the beard, like in the statue. I think that´s the way they used it, right?

Oh, and many thanks for the explanation! :D

Elhoim, no prob, about the beard, you cannot possibly imagine what pain it was finding this texture for the beard, if I can I will try later, but not now ;).

Rhye, oh, so you want him in his late fifties then? ;), I will try to make the hair greyer, you will see a screenshot hopefully by tomorrow :).

Here is the LH I promised, Rhye, I'm sure you don't want him older than that, and if you see that the hair looks somewhat dark, it is because of the shader, the hair looks as grey as it realistically could be ;). I hope you will like this version of Hammurabi.
final.gif
What does everyone think? :)

And now for the bommer! you will see the frank difference between the two, especially after all the tweaks! my present to you all! enjoy :cool: !
difference.gif

Rhye said:
agreed, enough grey ;)
Thanks Rhye, right now I'm finishing the buttons for him. I just have three question for you, because I will start creating the XML files later...
1. You might have noticed that the diplomacy text for Bismarck is that of Hammurabi in civ3, while the Fredrick diplomacy text is that of Bismarck in civ3. I think it would be a nice touch to give the deplomacy text back to Hammurabi and give Bismarck the one for Fredrick. Don't you think? if not what do you suggest I do?

2. I will start creating te city plot list for Babylon, do you recommend the names be in Babylonian? ie: Babylon= Babili ... Nineveh= Ninawa?

3. Regarding the location of Babylon (Iraq), it was known as the 'fertile crescent', I don't think it should be desert, it should have some grassland and/or plains. Do you want me to change the map later?

Thanks! :)

I don't think there's much point for that because I'm pretty sure hte flood plains are removed when a city is founded on them. However I don't have any evidence to back this up, it just seems like every time a city is somewhere it is never on flood plains.

1. Honestly I don't remember the diplomacy text... but are you sure that civ3 and civ4 texts correspond exactly?

2. Yes, babylonian names. Make a big list, because I'll be cutting most of it for making the city names map.

3. There's the flood plains already in the tile, and all surrounding.

Vishaing said:
I don't think there's much point for that because I'm pretty sure hte flood plains are removed when a city is founded on them. However I don't have any evidence to back this up, it just seems like every time a city is somewhere it is never on flood plains.
The game as a bug/feature where flood plains are removed if a city is settled on them. This thread has a fix:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=175766

It is a very nice reeskin Prestidigitator!

And about the curly hair, do you want me to give it a try? ;)

Great job! :goodjob:

Okay, now for the answers...
1. Well, at least for the greeting, 'Babylon the great and its superior people greet you', I'm sure that was from Hammurabi. So are you okay with the swaping of Fredrick and Bismark?

2. Don't worry about that, I will make a map (form worldbuildier), with all the names for you to code ;).

3. That's right, but still, I think some plains would do, it shouldn't be all desert, and would you consider adding some more oil to the area?

Maybe more plains where there is normal desert now, not just where the flood plains are adjacent to the rivers.

Away from this debate, Rhye, here is the city plot map, I used several resources, mostly from the British Museum maps. I did my best, but in some cases I chose one of several cities to put, according to historical significance. What do you think?
the map:
2.gif

Any suggestions?
Spoiler :
btw: I got myself a new avatar :p, change is good for the soul :).

:bump:, Rhye, what is your response to swapping the Diplomacy text and the city plot list?

Please, I need to know so that I can finish the project before the Warlords version gets released...

Top Bottom