Mesopotamia

SilverKnight said:
But that encourages human wave tactics, throwing unit after unit (cheaper, weak for city attacking) against enemy walls. Not something I knew the Babylonians were known for... Still, we may as well try it in gameplay. We can always change it later!

SilverKnight
I don't think it really encourages human wave tactics when its a civ like Babylon which naturally has low production values. By giving them a cheaper archer it would bring them up to about the same level as other civs for archer production. At least that was the logic I was using :crazyeye:

I think making a resource-less early city raider unit that's extremely cheap is an EXTREMELY bad idea. (And it's also pretty uncreative, IMO.)

I would sooner give them two movement. Or colateral damage. Or even make them a spearman replacement with first strikes. Something a little less obvious is probably better for strategy, as well.

After three afternoons of trying... Ladies and gentlemen...
I declare before you all, King Hammurabi of Babylon!
Spoiler :
hammuad.gif

And starting tomorrow, I will begin working on the XML ;).

Looks great! I like the background, that's a nice touch. His hat might need a bit more shading or something to it. Its hard to see any definition in it. But it is definately different enough from Cyrus now. I think it would be a good addition to the game!

That looks friggin' awesome man! excellent work! :goodjob:.

Let us all hope to see this soon in RFC: Warlords! :thumbsup:

It is very nice!!! :D

Now it´s time for the nitpicks! ;)

The crown looks shadowless. Perhaps you could fake the shadows by texture.

Well, I think that´s all! :D

Also, if you want, I would like to have the files for it as I have some ideas I want to implement. Perhaps if you like them you could implement them, or they may give you new inspiration! :)

But it is a very good work as it is! :goodjob:

huh ? Hammurabi i didn't see as you make it ...

It' a Cyrus-clone ...

Very good, but shouldn't his skin be a bit darker?

I'm glad you guys all liked. I know, the shadow problem annoyed me too, the problem is, that when I use the LH shader the original crown appears black, it's a thing with the civ4 shader. So, today I finally realised that using other shaders would fix the problem, so I will now present thee, the new King Hammurabi! ;)
new hammu.gif

Drtad, does his darker skin make you feel better? ;)

The darker skin does make him look much better! I think that everything that can be changed and takes him away from Cyrus should be changed. I was also thinking of different eyebrows, perhaps more rounded ones, like the Hammurabi´s statue ones. Also I was thinking of putting some little beard hairs around the beard and moustache. ;)

The crown looks better now, but the main problem lies with the lower part, the one that joins the crown and the head. Perhaps you could darken the crown texture directly to fix it. :)

But still, it is a great job!! :goodjob:

And you know, if you want me to help you, just ask! :D

Elhoim said:
The darker skin does make him look much better! I think that everything that can be changed and takes him away from Cyrus should be changed. I was also thinking of different eyebrows, perhaps more rounded ones, like the Hammurabi´s statue ones. Also I was thinking of putting some little beard hairs around the beard and moustache. ;)

The crown looks better now, but the main problem lies with the lower part, the one that joins the crown and the head. Perhaps you could darken the crown texture directly to fix it. :)
Oh great :rolleyes:, how didn't I notice that? ;). I just fixed it in the nif file. Thanks Elhoim!
I disagree about the eyebrows, his eyebrows were normal, nearly all ancient statues depict leaders differently, I don't think that changing his eyebrows would be a good idea ;), lets just leave it as it is.

The same thing goes to the moustache, I think it looks good already, messing with the texture might cause undesired effects. Just wait you guys :D, I think that Hammurabi looks better in the game than he does in the screenshots I posted :).

I'm waiting for the greenlight to start creating the XML, any other suggestions for the LH? Anyone?

Rhye said:
And can you make his hair and beard grey?
Grey? are you sure? 'cause Hammurabi ascended the throne a young man, wouldn't it be better to depict him in his early age?

Phoenecian purple sounds okay to me, I'll see how I could make it fit.

If this is still an area of contention, I would like to weigh in on the side of The Power of Writing. As I understand it, this would allow them to tech trade from the start... although perhaps I have this ass backwards. Babylon should be a no-brainer include.

Top Bottom