• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 415
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 447

Shqype

Shqyptar
It sounds nice, but do you have a picture of how it looks in-game, and how the model looks?

Shqype

Shqyptar
Now that is very cool! Was the Code of Hammurabi actually like that, a phallic tower that had the code inscribed on it, as opposed to a more handheld kind of thing?

Let me see if we can find a place for it in TAM :)

Shqype said:
Now that is very cool! Was the Code of Hammurabi actually like that, a phallic tower that had the code inscribed on it, as opposed to a more handheld kind of thing?

Let me see if we can find a place for it in TAM :)

It was 2 1/2 meters tall, and is considered the first code of law in history.
It wasn't worshipped though... and it had nothing to do with religion.

The code was inscribed on one piece of black basalt. It is currently in the Louvre Museum in Paris. ;)

Drtad

It Stinks!!!
Very nice work, but Code of Hammurabi is definitely not the first code of laws. The first ones were written by several Sumerian kings. The only one I am sure of is the code of the Sumerian king Ur-Nammu.

Drtad said:
Very nice work, but Code of Hammurabi is definitely not the first code of laws. The first ones were written by several Sumerian kings. The only one I am sure of is the code of the Sumerian king Ur-Nammu.

That's right, Ur-Nammu's was certianly older, and so was Gudea's (some kings I can remember right now), however I forgot to mention that Hammurabi's was the oldest code preseved in its entirety, as well as the oldest of its kind (having 282 laws).

Shqype

Shqyptar
Prestidigitator said:
It was 2 1/2 meters tall, and is considered the first code of law in history.
It wasn't worshipped though... and it had nothing to do with religion.

The code was inscribed on one piece of black basalt. It is currently in the Louvre Museum in Paris. ;)
Cool. Interesting information to know. Did you know there was an anti-communist Albanian resistance fighter in the first half of the 19th century that was 2.22 meters tall? :lol:

Impaler[WrG]

Civ4:Col UI programmer
I've included this in my New Wonders Mod, but I had a problem with the button, its in .tga format which crashes the game. Can you convert it to a .dds button (I realy did like the picture on the button and want you use it)

Also I noticed the shadow is extreamly dark, ink black realy, often it covered by the cities buildings but if the Code is placed on the left edge of a city and the shadow falls on the ground its very noticable and weird.

P.S. I gave it a Maintance cost reducing effect, I cant do a "stela in every city" when their are no stela's in Civ4, if you make a stela I can add it to the mod, by the way what do stelas do?

Impaler[WrG] said:
I've included this in my New Wonders Mod, but I had a problem with the button, its in .tga format which crashes the game. Can you convert it to a .dds button (I realy did like the picture on the button and want you use it)
Did I really commit such a silly mistake ;)? I'll convert the buttons to dds format as soon as I can.

Impaler[WrG] said:
Also I noticed the shadow is extreamly dark, ink black realy, often it covered by the cities buildings but if the Code is placed on the left edge of a city and the shadow falls on the ground its very noticable and weird.
Strange... I didn't experiment with the shadow, I will fix it along with the buttons :), thanks for pointing that out.

Impaler[WrG] said:
by the way what do stelas do?
Stela, or Stele, is the word for stone slabs, usually used for setting laws, There are several mesopotamian ones I can think of, I will see if I can find the time to make one (you see I'm currently busy making Mesopotamian Assets for 'Rhye's and Fall of Civilization'), but if you need one I will certainly do one for you ;)

Impaler[WrG]

Civ4:Col UI programmer
Actualy I was more thinking along the lines of "What do they do from a game perspective?" Thanks for the quick reply and please do go and try out my ummmm OUR mod :D

I've uploaded version 2.0 of the building :). I've changed the shadow and the button. I hope you like them...

PS: about the city bar icon, if you're gonna use it, you will have to resize it according to the city bar atlas :).

Top Bottom