Messed up text

Pfhortipfhy

Chieftain
I haven't played CivIII in a while, but when I got back to it, this happens (see attachment). Sometimes, instead of showing out, it crashes. What's the deal?

Attachments

• Picture 1.zip
    931.4 KB · Views: 97
Hello, welcome :wavey:

You haven't given us much to go on, but your screenshot shows that you are running a very old version of Civ3 - version 1.16. Which version of Mac OS are you using? Chances are it's not compatible.

Thanks, that works a lot better. Nice music now, by the way. BTW Is there any free way to get the mods legally?

If you mean the official expansions - Play the World and Conquests - they were never free on Windows, and they aren't even from the same publisher on the Mac. Aspyr took over the Civ franchise a few years ago, and they ported Civ3 Complete again from scratch, with PtW and Conquests. You have to buy that as a self-contained package. In the UK it sells for UKP 27 - about $54.

There are plenty of free fan-created mods available in the Creation and Customization forum on this site. You need to look for the older ones that will work with the original "vanilla" Civ3 - the version you have. There's also a "GOTM" mod that was created to provide some of the PtW features - extra civs and units - to allow Mac players to join in the Game of the Month competition, back in the days before Civ3 Complete came along. I've taken the link to that mod out of my sig since we stopped supporting it in GOTM. However, you can still get it here, and it includes BlueBox's .bic file to allow you to play random games using the extended features.

Top Bottom