1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Meta-Story: I don't Know What's Sadder

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by The Civs 6, Apr 7, 2021.

1. The Civs 6

The Civs 6 King

Emperor (yeah I'm a baddie), standard size map, legendary start, random leader, shuffle, NFP with no game modes activated, historic time.

Game 1: start as Germany. Bull Moose Teddy is on my continent. He sends an enormous stream of warriors at my three cities. Oh no. Somehow, I manage to fight him off because of a river that divided the continent. Then I just do Germany things, the game is over by turn 100, and I click end turn another 150 times (or whatever it was) just to spite win the game.

Game 2: start as Scotland with a worse than average start (so much for it being "legendary"). My next door neighbor is Gaul. Not this again. Now there is an enormous army of Gallic warriors streaming to my third expansion. I have to spend the first 50+ turns pumping out warriors. Again, there is a river, so I manage to fight off the AI. This start forced me to go tall (which is fine being Scotland), and now I have a sizable tech lead in the lateish mid-game, which basically means the game is over. I'm probably going to spite play this game too, but maybe not.

I'm a bit salty about the franchise right now (in case you couldn't tell), but I just thought it was especially sad that, despite being given all of the advantages of the difficulty level, along with probably the two strongest rush buffs in the game for those advantages, the AI failed to take me out. And I was playing civs who have no early game military potential.