Metal Gear Rex 03/06/2007

Orthanc

Shipwright
Here it is! The cause of the Shadow Moses Incident, better known as the plot focus of Metal Gear Solid, which is uber-classic-awesome-game-galactica. Armed with a Rail Gun:)D Othanc's fav) , Gattling Guns, Missiles and a Laser, ready to launch all those nukes you've been dying to shove down the AI's throat (or other choice orifice) since you lost your first tank to a certain underdeveloped unit:mischief: .

Download:
Metal Gear Rex

Jungle Camo Version

Snake?
Snake?!
SNNAAAKKKE!!!
dump dum da da-um,dump dump dump!

EDIT: Jungle Camo version added!

Excellent work. Now it's time to battle them againt your Metal Gear Ray and Wyrmshadow's BF2142 Walker...

definitly one of my favorite units since Ive tested it and add it to my game I wish I had real one but I would rather have Rey hes more fun

Thanks everyone!:)

Real puprose of this post is to point out the new Jungle Camo version has been added. Just download it, and overwrite the original Rex's .ini file if you want a green Rex!

Thanks everyone!:)

Real puprose of this post is to point out the new Jungle Camo version has been added. Just download it, and overwrite the original Rex's .ini file if you want a green Rex!

PCX looked promising but its still to bright for me...
could you do dark green version? thanks
PS: I know Im hard to satisfy:D

Jesus Christ, let the man be! Tell you what. Download PovRay. Its free. And just open it. Don`t do anything, just open it. He made one of the most complicated models so far, he released 2 versions of it, and you still want 343522 versions of Rex and Ray, and that Crab thingy that doesn`t even do anything, it just floats there.

:deadhorse:

Arg PovRay :cringe:
... I cannot sleep since i've seen that program... Cannot... :twitch:

Jesus Christ, let the man be! Tell you what. Download PovRay. Its free. And just open it. Don`t do anything, just open it. He made one of the most complicated models so far, he released 2 versions of it, and you still want 343522 versions of Rex and Ray, and that Crab thingy that doesn`t even do anything, it just floats there.

:deadhorse:

havent you seen it in game its to bright kidna strange and rey looks strange to but model is great just the textures and maybe little ray walk upgrade

... :wow: You just don`t get it, do you? He does this for a hobby, in his free time, and gives it us for free. He doesn`t do it cos you want shiny stuff.

There`s nothing wrong with requesting, I do it all the time, but mind what you ask for, and how you ask for it..

I have all the programs needed to make all sorts of units. I have Bryce, I have Pov-Ray, Poser, OpenFX, everything. Unfortunately, my computer is too slow for them. But I did try to make stuff in every one of them, and its damn hard. These guys make it look easy and fast, like a walk in a park, cos they`ve had patience and practice but most of all they have talent.

Like I said - DL one of the programs, most of them are free, and give it a look. Maybe that`ll shut yer trap, and make you give some respect.

Ok, thank you Stormy for covering my back, but let's avoid a conflict here. Now while it would be simple to make another version of Rex with still darker textures, it would be very tedious, and probably take all day, so I won't be doing that anytime soon. I did say I'd fix up Ray's walk, for today I'm deciding between doing that and starting the next unit, Ship of the Line (and also, perhaps actually PLAYING Civ3 or 4, plus I hope to go see Pirates 3 tonight).

Now to show what Stormy was talking about with POV Ray, and also answer Mr. aaglo's 'hidden' question:

//Bolt
#declare e= 1.5;

#declare Fork1= union {
sphere_sweep {b_spline 15
<-5,0,0>,BRad
<-5,0,0>,BRad
<0-e,2*e,2*e>,BRad
<5+e,-3*e,-3*e>,BRad
<10-e,1*e,1*e>,BRad
<15+e,-2*e,3*e>,BRad
<20-e,2*e,1*e>,BRad
<25-e,-3*e,-3*e>,BRad
<30+e,2*e,-3*e>,BRad
<35+e,-3*e,2*e>,BRad
<40-e,3*e,-2*e>,BRad
<45+e,-2*e,3*e>,BRad
<50+e,1*e,1*e>,BRad
<55,0,0>,BRad
<55,0,0>,BRad tolerance .1}
texture {pigment {color Cyan transmit .5} finish {ambient 2}}};

#declare Fork2= union {
sphere_sweep {b_spline 15
<-5,0,0>,BRad
<-5,0,0>,BRad
<0+e,-1*e,-3*e>,BRad
<5+e,-2*e,2*e>,BRad
<8-e,-3*e,-4*e>,BRad
<15+e,-2*e,2*e>,BRad
<20-e,2*e,-1*e>,BRad
<22+e,-3*e,-2*e>,BRad
<30-e,3*e,1*e>,BRad
<35-e,2*e,3*e>,BRad
<38+e,-3*e,1*e>,BRad
<40-e,2*e,-1*e>,BRad
<55+e,-3*e,2*e>,BRad
<60,0,0>,BRad
<60,0,0>,BRad tolerance .1}
texture {pigment {color Cyan transmit .5} finish {ambient 2}}};

#declare Light=
media {emission .5
density {bozo turbulence <1,1,1>
octaves 2 omega 1.9 lambda 1.5 color_map {
[0.0 color rgb <0,0,0>]
[0.4 color rgb <0,0,0>]
[0.5 color rgb <.6,1,1>]
[0.6 color rgb <0,0,0>]
[0.9 color rgb <0,0,0>]
[0.9 color rgb <1,1,1>]
[1.0 color rgb <1,1,1>]}}
scale (9+9*sin360)};

#declare Dust= isosurface {
function {f_helix1(x,y,z, 1, 1, DRad, .75, 1, 1, 0)}
//P0 : Number of helixes - e.g. 2 for a double helix
//P1 : Period - is related to the number of turns per unit length
//P2 : Minor radius (major radius > minor radius)
//P3 : Major radius
//P4 : Shape parameter. If this is greater than 1 then the tube becomes fatter in the y direction
//P5 : Cross section type
//P6 : Cross section rotation angle (degrees)
contained_by {sphere {<0,0,0>,20}} scale <1,3,1> translate y*55 rotate z*-90
texture {pigment {color rgbt <1,1,1,(1-.3*cos180)>}} interior {media {Light}} hollow};

#declare Bolt= union {
object {Dust}
light_source {<0,0,0> color Cyan fade_distance (BRad*50) fade_power 2 looks_like {object {Fork1}}}
light_source {<0,0,0> color Cyan fade_distance (BRad*50) fade_power 2 looks_like {object {Fork2}}}};

Yes, I'm quoting, my POV Ray file for Rex...

Now as probably only aaglo can understand, "BRad" is for 'Bolt Radius', it's the radius for those two Cyan-colored sphere sweeps. "DRad" is for 'Dust radius', placed in the radius position for that isosurface-helix, which has an interior media basically the same as all our water splashes. To make the bolts and dust grow and shrink like that, I just changed these radius values, like from frames 1-3 they do this:

#if (k1>=0)
//Bolt
#declare BRad= .1+(.1*k1); //.5
#declare DRad= .1+(.4*k1); //.5
#end

And of course that k1 is:

#declare k1= 12*clock;

w00t! post 1101! That must mean something, in binary...

Top Bottom