1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Meteor Survival 1.2

A meteor crater in the middle of an ice planet with just a small strip of habitable land.

1. djkrose

djkrose Chieftain

djkrose submitted a new resource:

Meteor Survival - A meteor crate in the middle of an ice planet with just a small strip of habitable land.

Read more about this resource...

Manifold likes this.
  2. Enlightened Fox

Enlightened Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

Hey, nice to see someone making this Mod Scenario. However Crater is spelled wrong, it is not "Crate" ;) I wish it were not an ice planet, that makes for the hardest scenario ever. :D Good luck man

3. MindXX

MindXX Chieftain

Thanks for the hard work. Trying out tonight

4. djkrose

djkrose Chieftain

Thanks for the tipp; I fixed it. Hope it's not wrong anywhere else?!

It was my intention to make a "harder" map, because the AI is quite dumb and I also don't want to increase difficulty and introduce AI cheating. I'd rather battle with the (lack of) resources and tiles.

That being said, it should be easy for you to change the script to have some other terrain outside. There's a block of if-statements that basically define the "rings" of the cimate, and the last one is the outer one defining it as snow. You could inverse it for example, making a desert planet with an ice meteor crater. Actually, now that I think about it, I may implement an option for that some time...

djk

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  5. bmrigs

bmrigs Chieftain

Playing on this map now as Russia. I will say this type of map is good for Russia. Lots of tundra where you can develop faith per turn nicely plus the extra territory you get from new cities can easily take up most of the limited good fertile and resource ground near the lake.

6. MindXX

MindXX Chieftain

Also playing as Russia and life is good! An interesting idea to throw into the mix would be to throw a few strategic islands (large and small) into the mix Load it down with Barbarians and barbarian pirates. Could rationally be explained as Volcanic / Post Meteor tremors. Just a thought but I would really enjoy this. Thanks for a great map!

7. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

Nice map! (More like the Inland Sea map in some earlier civ games).

FYI Bug: sometimes rivers do not show. This is a bug that plagues the inland sea map too. You can see the rivers in strategic view but not in regular view. IDK if it is a Civ VI bug or a map related bug.

8. Fierro

Fierro Chieftain

Hello! Love your map. Could you update it for latest patch? (it doesn't work anymore)

9. djkrose

djkrose Chieftain

10. djkrose

djkrose Chieftain