Meteor Survival

Meteor Survival 1.5

djkrose

Chieftain
djkrose submitted a new resource:

Meteor Survival - A meteor crate in the middle of an ice planet with just a small strip of habitable land.

Version: 1.0
Tested with Civilization VI 1.0.0.38

A meteor crate in the middle of an ice planet with just a small strip of
habitable land for all civilizations to batte for.
  • Map script generates a new random crater for each new game.
  • Crater and features will scale to all map sizes, incl. modded sizes.
  • Map parameters resources, world age, starting point, and rainfall fully supported. Temperature and sea level disabled....

Read more about this resource...

Hey, nice to see someone making this Mod Scenario. However Crater is spelled wrong, it is not "Crate" ;) I wish it were not an ice planet, that makes for the hardest scenario ever. :D Good luck man

Hey, nice to see someone making this Mod Scenario. However Crater is spelled wrong, it is not "Crate" ;) I wish it were not an ice planet, that makes for the hardest scenario ever. :D Good luck man
Thanks for the tipp; I fixed it. Hope it's not wrong anywhere else?!

It was my intention to make a "harder" map, because the AI is quite dumb and I also don't want to increase difficulty and introduce AI cheating. I'd rather battle with the (lack of) resources and tiles.

That being said, it should be easy for you to change the script to have some other terrain outside. There's a block of if-statements that basically define the "rings" of the cimate, and the last one is the outer one defining it as snow. You could inverse it for example, making a desert planet with an ice meteor crater. Actually, now that I think about it, I may implement an option for that some time...

djk

Last edited:
Playing on this map now as Russia. I will say this type of map is good for Russia. Lots of tundra where you can develop faith per turn nicely plus the extra territory you get from new cities can easily take up most of the limited good fertile and resource ground near the lake.

Also playing as Russia and life is good! An interesting idea to throw into the mix would be to throw a few strategic islands (large and small) into the mix Load it down with Barbarians and barbarian pirates. Could rationally be explained as Volcanic / Post Meteor tremors. Just a thought but I would really enjoy this. Thanks for a great map!

Nice map! (More like the Inland Sea map in some earlier civ games).

FYI Bug: sometimes rivers do not show. This is a bug that plagues the inland sea map too. You can see the rivers in strategic view but not in regular view. IDK if it is a Civ VI bug or a map related bug.

Hello! Love your map. Could you update it for latest patch? (it doesn't work anymore)

BTW: This mod is iOS compatible (for Civ6 on iPad and iPhone)!
I just tested it myself with mod version 1.4 and it works great.
1. Extract and upload the Meteor Survival directory into the Mods folder using a free tool like CopyTransApps
2. Start Civ6 and on iOS, go to additional content, confirm the incompatibility warning (it actually IS compatible) and activate.
3. Profit!

Top Bottom