meteors on earth

stgelven

Prince
BIG METEORS FALLS ON EARTH !!! you have to stand up the civilization

NOTE! This the 2 version

this map is for future scenario, the rules are modified (see the readme.txt file) but you can play as this. The earth is very modified due to flood, volcano's activity, the desert are moved, some island too, europe is very changed, it's a challenge to play an european civ!

version 1 removed after 110 views

Attachments

• meteor_ver22.zip
    215 KB · Views: 783
Also, Wouldn't the temperture go WAY down? I mean, a metior that left a crater that big...would probably do far more damage to the earth than the one in mexico(which supposibly killed off the dinosaurs and led to a long Ice Age in some scientific theorys).

It could even push the Earth out of its orbit....(Meaning Doomsday...)

Well, as a geologist, I agree with Sword_of_geddon. Volcanoes and meteor impacts both make temperature lower. ;)

When there's an eruption or an impact, dust is projected in the atmosphere. And because of that dust, there's less light coming from the sun through the atmosphere.

Of course, volcanoes reject CO2, but this is not enough to balance dust.

There are evidences of this in history.

And if temperature is lower, there's more ice on poles. So, the sea level should go down ;)

Looks good fun and a good idea. But I hate to be pedantic (all right, I like to be pedantic) - I must point out that "meteors" never hit the Earth, by definition. If something hits, it is a "meteorite". That's quite different.

Plotinus said:
I must point out that "meteors" never hit the Earth, by definition. If something hits, it is a "meteorite". That's quite different.

may be for you it's a lot different (for me to, of course) but english is not my first language, i didn't lurn english at school and i thought that meteor was the good word, so thank you but in fact that is just a vocabulary mistake. :blush:

stgelven said:
may be for you it's a lot different (for me to, of course) but english is not my first language, i didn't lurn english at school and i thought that meteor was the good word, so thank you but in fact that is just a vocabulary mistake. :blush:

Fair enough - your English seems pretty good to me - but there are some native English speakers here who have also called them "meteors", so my comment was more aimed at them!

stgelven said:
well, my fault, in my mind, the map is many and many years after the impacts, so the dust (nuclear winter) is finished, and we only have a planet a little warmest.

D'accord ! / Allright !

If you go that way, you're right. How much does the sea rises up ? I didn't see much differences in european coast :confused:

MaisseArsouye said:
How much does the sea rises up ? I didn't see much differences in european coast :confused:

well i would like 30 meters up, the file you download was not the good one ( i'm confused, that's due to an error with two files....) now it's correted, you can find europe cut in two pieces and the coast reduced,

i'm looking for a programm that help me to see the earth map with a sea level up of 30 meters, if someone can give me a hand....

I had a look at your map and there are some points I find weid :confused:

How do you choose how to cut Europe in two that way ? I mean, with a rise of 30m the Netherlands, Paris, the plain of the Po, London,... should be under water, but Europe shouldn't be cut in two.

I argue because I find your idea is great. So I'd like to help you to make this as acurate as it earns to be ! ;)

well, you are right, i realised that two hours ago! actually, i'm looking for a solution to be the more nearest of the reallity and the problem of the definition of the map, (size of the squares), i'm looking for a program that could help me to correct the actual map, if you want to give me infos, you are more than welcome!

after a very long time of reflexion, i decided to redraw with many changes, europe will not be much longer cut in two pieces. For many reasons, it seem to be not that easy to have a a map near of the reality, so i decided to put coast on the place of the river for almost all of them, it give the following picture for europe,

i want to put some more mountains, because, i suppose that the terrific colisions with meteorite redraw a large part of earth.

suggestion and comment are of course welcome! :)

Top Bottom