1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Methos for Chieftain

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game II: Citizens' started by Methos, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Qualifications: I have been a continuously active Succession Game player since my first SG started on May 5th, 2005. I have grown to really enjoy SG's due to the team work that is required IMO for that style of game. I believe that this same teamwork that is found in SG's is also required to play a successful Demogame. One of biggest lessons I learned early in my SG experience to listen to all opinions and arguments of my fellow teammates, as it takes everyone's abilities to successfully win the game, not just those of a select few.

The spoilers below are questions that have been asked by my fellow citizens and my answers.

Spoiler Ravensfire: The First Week :

Spoiler Ravensfire: Organization of the DP Pool :

Spoiler Dave Shack: Fostering Citizen Involvement and Fun :

Spoiler dutchfire: Normal Level and Settings :

Spoiler dutchfire: Usual Strategy :

Spoiler erikthecelt: Fixed Turn Limits :

Spoiler Ordinaryguy: Keeping the Interest :

Spoiler chessplayer: How I differ from the other candidates :

Spoiler Shattered: Level of involvement with other officers :

Please feel free to ask any and questions you have.

2. erikthecelt

erikthecelt Old, Geezer, Unoriginal

Why do you propose a fixed turn limit of turn counts? Are you willing to let the DP choose to engage in war without consultation from the community other than by way of the chat session if it happens during the specified turn count?

3. Methos

Let me clarify myself, as my intention was not to state fixed turn amounts, but guidelines. I would prefer to help keep the game moving if we play using the "guidelines" as I stated above. I also believe that the DP should stop his turnset if his instructions state to do so, or if something out of the ordinary happens that requires citizen discussion. Any major decisions, such as war, the DP does not have the power to commit to without citizen involvement.

Also, each time a question is asked of me I'll post a spoiler with that question and my answer in the OP of this thread. This way, no one has to skim through every post on several threads to find my statements. That includes questions/answers from this thread. Thanks.

4. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

This is going to be interesting. A competitor running for Chieftain.

Question: How would you do to sustain interest in the game? Some people would drop out after some time.

Thank you

5. Methos

To be honest, this will be rather difficult, as all of us have different interests and reasons on why we play the Demogame. I honestly believe Locke's committees would be one of the best ways to keep peoples interest, as it allows everyone to find a committee they are interested in. If there isn't one, there's nothing stopping them from creating their own.

One of the problems with keeping someones interest is knowing what it is that interests them. Without knowing what part of the Demogame that they are drawn too, its hard to persuade them to stay. Unfortunately for the shyer members, we cannot know their interests if they don't express it. I believe that if someone's interest is beginning to wane they should create a thread that includes something they are interested in to see if others of a like mind would join in. As an example, Ice is working on setting up a RP side of the game.

Note to all: My wife and I are going away for the weekend to see the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit in Kansas City this weekend, so as of late tomorrow afternoon I will not have access to this site to answer any questions. For those of you who have more questions, please ask them within the next 24 hours. After that, I will not have access until sometime late Saturday night, after the polls go up. Thank you.

Edit: First post updated.

6. Methos

Remember, all questions that have been asked of me have been placed with their answers in the first post of this thread for easy reference. Thank you for your consideration.

7. chessplayer

chessplayer Chieftain

What would make you different from the other chieftain nominees?

8. Methos

Unfortunately I cannot answer this one. I don't really know Ice very well, so I do not know what our differences are, or even what we have similar (other than civving). My apologies for my lack of an answer, but I don't see how I can honestly do so.

9. Furius

Furius Prince

How do you plan to interact with whoever is elected to the office of elder? What potential conflicts between the offices do you see, and how do you plan to deal with them?

I realise you've already answered a similar question, but I'm interested in the possible conflicts part....

10. Methos

My apologies for not answering the past several questions, but my wife and I were out of town this weekend seeing the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. I strongly suggest that anyone who is fairly close to Kansas City, Missouri take the time to check out the exhibit, whether your are religious or not. We really enjoyed it! BTW, the exhibit actually makes three stops in the US, but I'm unsure where else it has, or will stop.

Well, it appears the polls are up! Good luck everyone!