MethylOrange LH Gallery

Methyl; remember when a few people were talking about turning Poseidon into Solomon? Well I'm trying to do that and I can't get the "blue shading" off of him at all, I tinkered with EVERYTHING and nothing works. How did you do that? And how can I UNDO that?

First: I don't have a lot of time for now and progress is slowed. I also have a problem putting Shaka's head on English King's suit because the face rotates for 90 degrees and don't know how to fix it. Maybe I should add a new face-rotating bone. He'll be done till Xmas.

I'm also working on my fictional mod (Warlords of Käst'l) which will put you in a completely new world of various dreadful warlords and chivalrous knights fighting for planet domination. Idea is completely original, except for the final years that have a bit StarWars feeling (well, what would knights use in future?).

I'm having some trouble with shaders; LH looks; well; check the screenies.

Even weirder is that weirdness is different every time I look at him.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• IHATEBUGS!!!.jpg
    IHATEBUGS!!!.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 221
Hey Methyl. I already have shadered some LHs with 3dsmax, so maybe I can help you. I can see that something is wrong on your screenshot, but not what exactly. If you would upload the LH and send me the link, I could take a look at it. If you have all necessary maps as picture files (dds is prefered) I could try to shader it for you in 3ds max. I just don't know if you can import it in Blender after I have altered it via 3ds, so this should be the last step (last change to the LH).

What procedure did you use to shader it? I thought that you use Blender and that with Blender it isn't possible to shader civ4 LHs...

I think I could do that for you over the weekend if you upload your files in time.

Okay, I'll look at it once I have time (that's maybe in the evening or tomorow). Let's see who is faster... :)

EDIT: Hmmm... can't load it at the moment. Just doesn't start to load. Please keep it uploaded, I'll try again later.

Done it! Downloadlink

There were 2 nifs: Darius and Hades. I shaded both, it's just that for Hades there are no lights in the scene so the modell is completely black. So I only uploaded Darius.

There are currently 3 problems:
1. Not all parts have all maps for shader, because there were missing some of the image files. I could fix that if you give me the files. Some maps you can copy from other LHS, others are black/white versions (the whiter a certain part is on that map, the shinier it gets) and the normal map can be created with Photoshop and a certain plugin. Don't know if you can do it with GIMP as well.
2. Some of the parts are moved. You'll be able to fix this with sceneviewer or nifskope.
3. The body looks edgy although I did all I can to smooth it. This may disappear if you remove or change some of the shader files. Take a look at the map that controls the shininess (don't know which file this is, but there are only 4 files at all). You should be able to do that with Sceneviewer. You could also try to change the shader type (also with Sceneviewer), but this should be your last choice.

I did this with 3ds max by following Ploeperpengels tutorial. If you care for it, you can find it here. AFAIK you can't shader civ4 files with Blender, that's why dutchking is doing it with nifskope. If you want you can ask me for help in future. Just provide me all necessary map images and take care for assigning each trishape a SkinInstance (you would have to assign all vertex weights if there is no SkinInstance by default; that can be a bunch of work!). In this case all trishapes had a SkinInstance, don't know if you did it or it was in by default.

Top Bottom