Metternichs Revival: Austrian Hearts of Iron II AAR

On foriegn affairs, I recommend the following course of action:
-Ally with the Soviet Union if possible. They can help us make gains in Poland and "the East" (invading Greece, then Turkey, then Persia) and defend us against Germany/help us fight them. This also means we don't have to worry about our rear and can invade southern Germany.
-If not, consider switching to the Allies and fortifying against the Sovierts. If France can be linked up with, defences exist against the Russians and Germans attacking through a viable ally as long as we don't fight both at once. The problem is that such a link means invading Italy or Switzerland.
-Finally, if that will not work attempt neutrality with regard to the major powers and alliance with Italy. We can expand against Spain+New World or in the Middle East, but at the same time we should build up defences against a German or Soviet declaration of war. (The Western Allies are not a major threat in that regard)

Finally, on military matters I suggest we create war plans (partly as good practice if a war is possible, partly to keep us ministers occupied) against the Soviet Union, Germany, and the Western Allies. If the situation does not match them we can simply reject the plans and fight a war without one.

Franz V was not satisfied with rebuilding the Austrian Empire. He wanted more. So he convinced Prince Metternich for one more conquest

Suck it Ottomans!

Franz V was truly excited when he became the first Christian ruler since the Byzantines to occupy Constantinople

The Second Rome is Austrian

While Austria-Hungary was invading Turkey the Soviets had their own plans

Estonia and Ankara fall

Of course, after the Turk Capital fell, the army was made short work of, and Turkey surrendered

Things to remember though

1) Industrially, we are the fourth highest, after USA, Germany, and USSR
2) We have only 26 Divisions
3) We have bad tech teams :(
4) I'd rather take Berlin than Samoa (French VP in the South Pacific)

However I leave it to the council to decide

Votes

Axis I
Allies
Neutral

Turkey is so far from everything else, they seem like a liability to me. Maybe we should consider taking Greece at some point to provide a little more breathing space on that front.

Things to remember though
<snip>
However I leave it to the council to decide
Aren't we already allied with Germany? We should stick with them - they're similar to us culturally and ideologically, and we're well placed to aid each other militarily. Between the two of us, especially if Italy and Japan join in, we should be able to handle the Allies and the Comintern.

Especially do not ally with the Soviets - they're our ideological enemies.

My recommended course of action:

Stay allied with Germany. They'll probably declare war on Poland soon, allowing us to get some Polish real estate. From there, maybe help them take out France if that's feasible.

Once France and Poland are out of the way, take out Greece (IIRC, the UK is guaranteeing their independence, so we should wait until we're at war with them anyway).

Finally, once Germany starts Barbarossa, the two of us should be able to beat the Soviets.

Of course, throughout all of this, we should continue building up and upgrading our own military, focusing on the army.

We have bad tech teams
In my experience, allies nations tend to be generous about sharing research, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Apologies if posted at the wrong time, but you don't seem to have noticed this quote. It does provide an alternate course of action.

On foriegn affairs, I recommend the following course of action:
-Ally with the Soviet Union if possible. They can help us make gains in Poland and "the East" (invading Greece, then Turkey, then Persia) and defend us against Germany/help us fight them. This also means we don't have to worry about our rear and can invade southern Germany.
-If not, consider switching to the Allies and fortifying against the Soviets. If France can be linked up with, defences exist against the Russians and Germans attacking through a viable ally as long as we don't fight both at once. The problem is that such a link means invading Italy or Switzerland.
-Finally, if that will not work attempt neutrality with regard to the major powers and alliance with Italy. We can expand against Spain+New World or in the Middle East, but at the same time we should build up defences against a German or Soviet declaration of war. (The Western Allies are not a major threat in that regard)

Finally, on military matters I suggest we create war plans (partly as good practice if a war is possible, partly to keep us ministers occupied) against the Soviet Union, Germany, and the Western Allies. If the situation does not match them we can simply reject the plans and fight a war without one.

It will be impossible to ally against the Soviets unfortunately

Majorgeneral has a very good point and is looking like the course of action we will take as well as teching up :)

Never played Hearts of Iron, but I am looking to get it soon. I will keep an eye on this thread and offer any input that I can. :)

Metternichs Revival is revived! Stay tuned for an update!

Listen very carefully I shall whisper this only once: I would like to apply for the vacant position of Head of Intelligence. The Department will be called: JBIS6, Jos Ballenbak Intelligence Service 6.

I vote Soviets!

Look at the the last time we allied with the Germans, nothing good can come of that. Also I would like to point out.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Ikn2zkfEk

Hitler has only got one ball!

This information was gathered by one of my best german spies around: Hans Geering.

I just need to find a site that will upload my images

Europe on the Dawn Of War

Metternich convinced his majesty that Hitler and the Kaiser were to win the war, and with his advice Franz stayed with the Axis.

Oh look at that

Marshall Zehner: We will begin operations against French Syria

Zehner's pretty awesome plan

PrinceScamp: As we can see, our Axis forces are clearly superior. In the Middle East, Marshal Zehner and the Afrika Corps are taking out Iraq and Syria pretty well

Our forces are so succesful in beating this chump called Montgomery, We have taken the Suez Canal!

Suck it Italy!

Germany has also done well. After conquering Poland, Operation Sea lion was put in action, and now Germany has overrun the British isles

Franz: Isn't France supposed to fall before England?

PrinceScamp: Usually Your Majesty, but we're in a pretty odd world right now. After all, Austria is winning a war.

Franz: Point taken...

PrinceScamp: With our allies in the Afrika Corps, we have smashed through Egypt, and Cairo and Alexandria have fallen. Iraq quickly follows.

Franz: Wait, we did all this in three months?

PrinceScamp: hmm, yea pretty much.

Franz: Well then, I'm off to do whatever I usually do. Like gardening. Or cricket.

PrinceScamp: Very good sir.

Excellent, we are well on the way to controlling a large part of the world's oil production. Once we finish mopping up Africa and the Middle East we can prepare to take Ukraine (we'll need the bread) and the Caucasus (more oil!).

Also, did you take military control of Germany?

Excellent work gentlemen. An Empire this large will need to stay up to date. I suggest starting an Air Force, and I humbly petition you for the job of the Head of the Air Force.

Given the success of Sea Lion, I tend to think that you should halt around the southern boundary
of Egypt, and start prepping for the Rooskies.

Why not invite the Italians in the Axis powers so you will have more troops in Africa against the Allies and more troops against the Soviets.

Thank you for your compliments, here are my current questions

1. Do we let England surrender? It will end the war, but we will lose Egypt most likely
2. Do we let France surrender? We may lose Syria if we do
3. Italy-do we invade or do we invite?
4. The USSR or the USA-who to invade first?
5. Should we focus on Iran, and conquering India? or do we continue or rout of Africa?

Also, I did not take military control of Germany

The USSR must be destroyed, and the spirit of its people broken.

Invite Italy, they can contribute some troops to the war against both France and the USSR.

Yeah sure, let England surrender.

Not sure about France.

And lose Egypt? Hell no! We must demand at the very least the regions around the Suez Canal, Upper Egypt and the Middle East. Same with Syria, but we could alternatively creaty Vichy France, which gives Syria independence and allows us to puppet it.

We should invade Italy, everything in Italy north of the Po River rightfull belongs to us!

After France and Italy are mopped up we should invade the USSR.

Top Bottom