1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mexican anger over US 'trespass'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Leonel, Feb 25, 2007.

1. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Back, back under your bridge I say! There are no billygoats here for you!

And for what its worth, there is nothing more pathetic than someone who continually quotes the bible, but doesnt believe in it at all.

What came first? The mexican or the fence? The initial point of hypocrisy has been and remains to be the mexican outrage that the USA would actually care about its border while enforcing its own Southern borders like the Berlin Wall.

2. Norlamand

Norlamand Procrastinator Rex

Given that 10% of their population lives illegally in our country they should probably shut the f*** up.

3. Cannae

Cannae Philosophy of Poverty

That depends on what the situation is. It aslo depends on how much you want to be the government's (insert here).

That's sovels everything quite well.:rolleyes:

They might have a reason for living in America.

4. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

So? I might have a reason for carrying a gun into a school, or for driving over the speed limit, that doesn't mean that you're willing to allow it.

And hey Norlamand, welcome back, long time no see!!! :)

5. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Verily I say unto to you, did thou not asketh a question?

You asked a question. I answered. Apparently, you think the words of Jesus are trollish.
    I believe in the wisdom of parts of the Bible, including the verses quoted. While you are praying for my immortal soul (which I assume you are), you might want to throw in a thanks to your God for giving you divine guidance from such an unlikely source.

As for pathetic, is it not pathethic for a self-professed Christian to brush off Biblical quotes that may be applicable to their actions just because they don't like the secondary source?
    Adam still got evicted even though Eve was the first to disobey.

6. Cannae

Cannae Philosophy of Poverty

They are coming because there are economic opportunities that are not available in Mexico.

7. MobBoss

No, I didnt ask for you trolls at all. Lets get it straight: Jesus = not trollish. Jollyroger taking the bible out of context = extremely trollish.

Clear enough? Instead of trolling me on how unchristian you think what I said was, why not try to actually DEBATE what I said?

Thats a laugh...if you did you wouldnt 'judge' me yourself now would you?

Praying for you? Are you asking me to pray for you?

Nope, not pathetic because you are ignorant of biblical principle. I do not sit in judgement over the situation at all and in fact am utterly powerless to do anything in regards to it. Judgement is not mine in any way, shape or form. However, a person like you would take such scripture out of context in order to deprive christians of even having an opinion on such subjects. The scripture does not in any way preclude christians from having opinions, regardless of how you try to take it out of context.

So please take your lame attempts at biblically justified censorship back under your bridge. Its just pathetic beyond all reason.

Adam got evicted because he sinned as well as Eve did. Even though Eve took the first bite, he knew better than to follow her lead, but did anyway. And if I have to explain such simple concepts to you, it puts your biblical knowledge directly into perspective......i.e. slim to none. As was mentioned in another thread "any moron can read Nitsche and quote it....they just dont understand it'. It seems this is true of the bible as well.

8. GinandTonic

GinandTonic Saphire w/ Schweps + Lime

This sums the thread up for me.

The wall builders made a mistake. Job done. Not talking to Norland here, but all the Americans trying to grab some moral high ground out of this are somewhere between laughable and contemptable. Page 2 I was laughing, now its moving towards comtempt.

The US made a small mistake, it apologised. Throwing your toys out of the pram about how it all not your fault just looks petty. It smacks of an almost phobic inability to say "Really? Hell, sorry buddy".

Thank god the administration has more grace. (Now there is something I never thought I would say).

9. JollyRoger

You specifically asked: "So it's not Christian to point out the hypocrisy of the situation?" The best source of whether to determine whether something is Christian or not is the Bible, wouldn't you agree?
    I can admit that I have a splinter in my eye on this. Can you?
    I said I assumed you prayed for me as most of the Christians I know pray for others they know to be non-believers to see the light.
    You surely sat in judgment over the way Mexico handles its southern border.
    How can I troll and censor at the same time? Please make up your mind.
    Isn't that the point I was making? That you are following the Meicans lead in making hypocritical statements? That God isn't going to let your hypocrisy slide because the Mexicans were hypocrits first?
    Agree with the sentiment, but I am sure that you are willing to explicitly make it clear that you are not calling me a moron, right?

10. MobBoss

Again, I find it amazing that you, as an attorny, seem to be confused between having an opinion, and someone sitting in judgement on a situation.

If you are still confused about it, next time you are in court, ask your judge about the difference. I am sure he will be able to educate you.

You troll because you pursue something that is OT. You attempt to censor by using biblical scripture out of context to ensure christians cant have opinions on anything, as it would be perceived as sitting in judgement of a situation....which is utterly false btw.

:mischief:

11. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

Well maybe they should fix Mexico instead of screwing up America. What ever the reason they come is it's irrelivent to how they come.

12. JollyRoger

I find it amazing that you can't see where opinion and judgment overlap.
    Most Judges I know would tell you that the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
    I answered a question you asked and you call it trolling. You call the exact same answer an attempt at censorship. If I was trolling, I would be trying to get you to respond. If I was censoring, I would be trying to get you not to respond. Are you telling me I get to have it both ways with only one post?
    You know, that was my gift to you - an your opportunity for you to explicitly disavow that you were insulting another poster.

13. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

No, rights are universal. Whether that right is stopped by an authoritarian government is another matter.

The Declaration of Independence was also written (although to England) stating rights.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."

Paying taxes is irrelevant, because if they were made legal, then the taxes would be paid.

14. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

But they aren't legal. They decided to be illegal when they willingly broke the laws so it is relivent since thet commit tax evasion wich is yet another crime.

15. Zarn

My entire point was to make them legal. They aren't doing tax evasion, because they get paid peanuts. They didn't decide to be 'illegal.' The government did.

16. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

Ummm no. When they illegaly entered they made them selfs illegal. They didn't have to breake the law willingly and cross into the US. You realy should stop tring to excuse this criminal act. Your attempts to blame every one but the criminals for their willingly comited crimes is not flattering.

If they wanted to be legal they would have come legaly.

17. Zarn

They didn't label themselves. The government did. Maybe the problem is that they can't come legally, because the government has a stick in a place it shouldn't be.

Calling them 'illegals' and 'criminals' is not getting your agenda across. Sorry, I refuse to be brainwashed.

18. Trajan12

Trajan12 Deity

Brainwashed? No last I checked my brain was already pretty clean enough. And it said that crossing into another country without going through the proper channels in this day and age makes one an illegal immigrant. There are a lot of laws that I think are stupid. I don't like that someone can burn the flag and scream racist slogans without being reprimanded, but alas, such is the law. And that doesn't give me the right to carry off some sort of vigilante justice against the people who burn the flag and scream racist things. Breaking our laws doesn't help get an agenda across either.

On topic I think they have the right to complain, they have. We heard their complaint and solved the problem. End of this story. Would be except they have yet to stop illegal immigration and drug smuggling...Or even curb it....or discourage it actively....

19. Zarn

This is a law that defies equality. It is easy to label them, when you were born on this side. You haven't experienced what they have experienced, since you were not born in Mexico. People have the right to live where they want. You are in no way superior to them.

Lets say someone wants to join your religion (whatever that may be). Their country forbids it, and he is executed for it. Did he deserve the execution? He is, after all, a criminal.

This people cannot immigrate legally, because the government doesn't want them to immigrate legally.

20. Trajan12

Trajan12 Deity

I never said that anyone was superior to anyone. People apparently do not have the right to live wherever they want. As we have laws that state that you can't live in someones backyard unless they allow you to. I see this the same way, if a homeless man were to ask to stay in my house he could stay if I said yes, and if I said no does that give him the right to break in?

And I think this law is fairly reasonable compared to "convert and die" scenarios. Technically under the law he would be a criminal, in that country. Whether that's right or wrong must be decided. We know it's wrong to discriminate against someone, but no one has confirmed that limiting the number of immigrants allowed in is discrimination. Mexicans can come here, just not in the back of someones trunk.

And I do think more should be allowed to come legally, but breaking this law is still wrong regardless.