Mexico City Considers Temporary Marriages

I would like marriage to be permanent, for people to forever be in wedded bliss.

But true love is the majority of the time copyrighted by fairy tales. That's why we look up to such fables - they give us the setting we don't have.

As such, make it easier to divorce to reflect the reality.

For those who don't like the measure, it's easy - just specify your marriage is to last the duration of your lifetime. No need to force lifetime marriages on the rest of us.

I think a lot of people will choose lifetime marriages anyway. When we get married, we buy into the true love myth - we believe we'll be together forever. We sign papers that split everything equally because we're convinced it'll never go wrong.

I don't see what's so worth defending in the idea that marriage has to be permanent, for one. I think it should be up to the individuals involved, as this move seems to be signifying. It's already the case that marriage is not inviolable. If it makes the parties involved unhappy, why would it be good to continue with it? If you're not sure how it will be, better to have an agreement that can expire without much fuss.
Not to mention that the government should not be promoting a certain lifestyle over other legal lifestyles.

Here continues the degrading of the family structure.

You know, they said similar things when they allowed inter-racial marriage.
And they now say this about gay marriage.

Not to thrilled about this. Marriages are supposed to be long lasting, not temporary. It's almost akin to saying it's ok to have a 12 minute marriage that would spin Britney's head.

It's terrible. It's basically going into what is supposed to be a lifelong commitment with an 'out' built-in.

What it's supposed to be and what it *actually* is are two different things, though.

You might as well adapt the law to reality (divorce is very common, etc.) instead of attempting to adapt it to a would-be-nice-if-it-was-that-way-but-it-actually-isn't pipedream.

marriage was designed to be between a man and a woman, it doesn't make a difference what their skin colour is. Race and Gender are very different things.

You say that, but the arguments used by people... against homosexual marriage, are very similar to the ones used by racists against Inter-racial marriage.

A different form of sex?

Bollocks, all that changes is the people practicing it.

In my opinion, race is little more than a societal construct, however, gender is not.

You're not talking about gender (which is a social construct), you're talking about biological sex. But actually, you're not talking about biolgical sex either, you're talking about sexual activity.

And sexual activity covers a diverse range of activities, pretty much all of which can be practiced by people of either the same sex or opposite sexes. So I don't know what "completely form of sex" you think you're talking about because the straights do nearly everything the gays also do.

You're not talking about gender (which is a social construct), you're talking about biological sex. But actually, you're not talking about biolgical sex either, you're talking about sexual activity.

And sexual activity covers a diverse range of activities, pretty much all of which can be practiced by people of either the same sex or opposite sexes.

Sex in Its purest form involves a penis and a vagina.

let me put this simply:
men have penises, no matter what race they are.
women have vaginas, no matter what race they are.

What don't you understand?

Top Bottom