Mextli 02/01/07

Orthanc

Shipwright
First unit for '07, another fictional Meso-American warship (sized for Frigates) for your conquesting pleasure! I'm sure if the Spanish saw this thing back then history would be VERY different.:D

Yes, the nautical plausibility of this thing has been discussed:crazyeye:

Download:
Mextli

Enjoy! And happy new year!

Very interesting! Surely one of the silliest models of all time, but who cares?

My only criticism is that this would probably look better if it were a bit bigger. It's hard to see what all the bits are at that scale.

My only criticism is that this would probably look better if it were a bit bigger. It's hard to see what all the bits are at that scale.

I agree.

Looks beautiful. Great unit.:goodjob: :)

(Translated from spanish)

Cortez tiny fleet of Caravels sails near the Aztec coast

"Captain Hernado, we have a ship off the port bow!"

"What?"

Mextli sails closer

"Sir it has its cannons locked on us"

From the deck of the Mextli....

(translated from Nahautl)

"You are not Quezalcoatli, so in the name of Montezuma II, I will destroy you all guns fire!."

The Mextli takes out one of the Caravels, putting Cortez' crew into a panic

"Dear God what kind of firepower are we dealing with here? Get us out of here! No amount of Gold is worth this!" Cortez says

And the remaining Caravels flee into the wind with the Mixtli giving chase but giving up eventually when it looks like a storm is heading towards Cortez' fleet.

"Not even Quazalcoatl will bother to save them now." The Aztec captain says, cocking his favorite rifle.

Yeah, it turned out a little smaller than I intended, but there's a Meso-American Trident on my list, which I'm thinking will be very much the smae style, have no doubt that THAT ship will be ginourmous:D.

Nice story there Sword of Geddon, with the four cannons pointing out the mouth of the giant skull at the bow, the Spanish would probably think this thing is a spawn of satan.:mischief:

I doubt the Spaniards would have used the term "Locked On".

I thought this was going to be the Meso-Trident?

Thans again everyone!

Yes, the Mextli is the Meso-american Frigate, Mextli is the Aztec god of war and storms, also the origin of the name 'Mexico'.

i thought Mexico came from the Mexica, as the Aztecs called themselves...but maybe they got the name Mextli from Mexica, or maybe Mexica from Mextli...

kickass ship either way

Top Bottom