[MGE] Modified graphics for Andrew Livings' Crises

amadeus

Serenity now
Crises of the New World Order v3.0

I'm not going to write a full review of this scenario. To keep it short, I've enjoyed it a lot.

That said, a lot of amazing work has been done by people with graphics here and even though it's not my scenario, I thought it would be fun to update the graphics for it and see how the process was of converting units made for TOT to MGE compatibility (lots of sweating and cursing and pixel-editing)

So far I've got the units done, but I'm planning on doing the other graphics as well. But I also wanted to share it with you all and get your feedback on it.

Thanks.

Units.gif

Updates:
Feb. 3rd, 2021:

Mostly tweaking of unit shields to try and give some detail while working within the MGE color palette. I think they look pretty good from far away! :lol:

Last edited:
This scenario was fun indeed. You should check out The Cold War scenario I've built to see what lua could add to it. Really only limited by the imagination at this point.

Good work - Classic scenario...!

Not quite sure if there are many players here who'll trade in ToTPP and Lua for retro MGE.
Thank you, Curt! I know MGE has fallen way out of favor, but I still enjoy working within its limitations. :)

This scenario was fun indeed. You should check out The Cold War scenario I've built to see what lua could add to it. Really only limited by the imagination at this point.
I'm interested in ToTPP; is there a good thread in which to ask questions? I said before on OT that I had some trouble with the thing slowing down.

I've also checked out the Cold War scenario, it looks great. :thumbsup:

I'm interested in ToTPP; is there a good thread in which to ask questions? I said before on OT that I had some trouble with the thing slowing down.

There's a stickied thread at the top of Civ2 General that is probably the best place for General discussion.

Top Bottom