~ MIA International Tribune ~

Well – the riddle was solved… but no one but Lost Civ has even tried to guess at the Crossword.

Maybe I made it too hard?

Here's a spoiler with the answers for those that want to know and have given up.

Spoiler Answers :

Down
1 – MIA Votes for War = NinetyNine
2 – Fast Bane of KISS = Cavalry
3 – Watery Whale Landmark = HolyRM

Across
4 – Captured Workshop Owner = Leonardo
5 – Exclamation of Fleeing Galls = Nuts
6 – KISS resistance lasted for 20 of these = years

Maybe the next Tribune should have a little self-mockery -

MIA’s Top 5 Excuses:

5. There is no war between Doughnutia and MIA.
4. Even if there is a war, Doughnutia declared on MIA; we did not declare war on Doughnutia.
3. Even if MIA declared war on Doughnutia, we were completed justified in doing so because they broke the treaty first.
2. Even if they didn’t break the treaty first, MIA’s declaring war didn’t actually break the treaty.
1. What treaty?

That's a great idea! We could also include a scathing op-ed piece or something.

"....the current administration unilaterally backs out of established international treaties, creates more enemies than allies, is laying waste to our precious wetlands, and treats the military like a personal servant..."

"Since the first few shiploads of TNT immigrants landed in MIA lands, chaos started brewing. The refugees, led by greekguy and lost_civantares, were a rowdy bunch that the people in Athens werent used to. This left native MIAians wanting to somehow remove these people and their explosive personalities. The current Team Captain, azzaman333, had no idea what to do with these people, and accidently consulted Foriegn Minister fe3333au, who was clearly drunk at the time. Fe had heard a rumour that one of his more beautiful female receptionist had gone to work somewhere in the KISS lands. So he requested that azza should push a vote whether to attack KISS, to give TNT people some land, and to find Mrs. (name withheld). With 99 votes (and 1 abstain), the attack was carried out. This caused some major upset with the Presidential Office, a great deal of arguments within the Defence Office, and the complete collapse of the Foriegn Office. The general population wasnt sure that the war was really nessecary, and a small minority had taken to rioting outside the Presedential Office. The Defence Office was torn apart from the inside out, with many major players within bickering over the next move, whether MIA should push across the ocean and continue, make peace, or attack and destroy the Nuts. The Foriegn Ministers were of no use, because there was more wine for them to drink. The Team Captain, who was also MIA's UN Rep, had virtually gone MIA, and signed any document that came through the office. So almost all of the administration had to be replaced. Unfortunately, the new administration unilaterally backs out of established international treaties, creates more enemies than allies, is laying waste to our precious wetlands, and treats the military like a personal servant. It is suspected that many of the new administration is part of a conspiracy to bring MIA down from within, but there has been no evidence to support these claims."

Good? Bad? I need to spell better?

Since the discussion has started up a bit again in the UN… I couldn't resist a little quick Propaganda…

What do you think of this?

Worth posting?

I could whip up more WWII propaganda style posters if we wanted to.

P.S. Sorry about never responding to the posts above – there are some good ideas there (if outdated now) I just decided that I didn't want to come across as a poor sport with too much gloating when nerves were already raw in the UN.
I think the sense of humor is creeping back now.

The poster looks pretty cool. :)

Call it a poster we barrowed from the Citizen Visual Information Services Department. "Central Intelligence Agency" has nothing in bland names on us! :lol:

Or we could just have "Citizen Information Agency" and see if anyone gets it ;)

couldn't resist... here's a couple more ideas.

I think I just needed a break from the movie business ;)

Please feel free to make your own to contribute! Or offer ideas...
Maybe we could have a full propaganda offering in the UN? :mischief:

I don't know, but to me it looks like it's tubby harranging the masses, preying on their patriotism to lead them to their deaths. ;)

Hey General_W

Here is a post by aaglo from the WH Mod ... the bottom shows the map developent from the game's beginning ... might be a good effect in the movie project. :D

yeah - that'd be totally sweet.... but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to capture that video out of the game or not... I'll certainly give it a try though!

I'm really not very technically savvy - it's just that most of my friends at college were CompSci and Engineering majors... so I kinda absorbed some of it by osmosis.

We'll see what I can do!
:thumbsup:

Excellent Final Reel ... with your permission I will start a thread in the stories section of the forum. :clap: :salute:

It could generate interest in others either joining the next MTDG or seed a Civ Fanatics film industry :mischief:

Sure! Go for it Fe!

I'm glad you enjoyed the films. :)

Let me know when/where you post it - if other people make their own videos, I'd like to watch them!

Top Bottom