~ MIA International Tribune ~

well the one team that has been touting their uprightness in following treaties to the letter of the law has broken their treaty with the D'nut nation. Unless declaring war was part of the treaty :p

Tubby Rower said:
well the one team that has been touting their uprightness in following treaties to the letter of the law has broken their treaty with the D'nut nation. Unless declaring war was part of the treaty :p

MIA are a ver clever lot, I'm sure they found a way to justify it to themselfs;)

Tubby, you shouldn't trust all the propaganda spilling over from your south and west.

I'm not that surprised they didn't tell you the whole story :)

I guess we can't blame fe being drunk for this war... :mischief:

Spoiler :
Technically, we havent broken the treaty. Of course, it doesnt really matter what we say from here on in since it looks like you Nuts and Kisses wont be signing peace in the near future. :p

well Peter why don't you guys lay out your righteous plan for declaring war?

peter grimes said:
Tubby, you shouldn't trust all the propaganda spilling over from your south and west.

I'm not that surprised they didn't tell you the whole story :)

Hmm... The whole story. That would be that we built an embassy and you guys had a dummy spit about it and declered war to shut it down, does that pretty much cover it? Did i miss something? If not then KISS know the full story, but by all means your welcome to add to anything i missed, i wouldn't wont KISS to get an unbalanced view.

@ azzaman, i know where you are going with the technically, so i save you the trouble and tell you why there is not technically, declering war is an hostile act in itself, without combat involved. Like i said i know where you are going but can can't tell me hostile and non-aggressive are not exclusive of each other.

It will be interesting to see if rule 3.8 becomes a factor.
Staying at war to upkeep War Weariness but not actual fighting

Description: Being kept at war by a team with the intent of inflicting War Weariness, and the penalties that are associated with it.

Definition: This can result in a team’s War Weariness being applied and worsened when the team no longer wishes or is able to wage war against the other.

Purpose: To prevent unfairly using the games mechanics to increase, exaggerate, or prolong the effects of War Weariness when waging war is not a reasonable option as determined by the game staff.

Verdict: A team must accept a peace offer, within a reasonable amount of time (determined by the game staff), if war has not been waged or reasonably waged in a reasonable amount of time (all determined by the game staff)

Punishment Level: Once - Orange (1-5 turns and/or Forfeiture or funds), Red (5 – Expulsion)
Seems pretty lame to me.

So it's up to RM & GA to determine if MIA is just using game mechanics to unfairly manipulate the embassy shutting down...

being a poor sport is what I'd call it. Let's see some blood, or get peace with D'nut.

Why would you declare if you get nothing out of it. You are obviously getting the benefit of not allowing any embassies to work properly without fighting a war that you declared.

If further discussion is desired on this, we should probably open a new thread, and leave the MIA International Tribune thread alone.

I'm not really supposed to address these issues, as I'm not Foreign Minister or UN rep (unless Fe clears it first). Unless that changes, I can't comment further. But I can say that MIA is privately discussing these matters as well.

I could personally care less how you guys handle it. From my perspective you simply added another astericks next to the game when you broke (from my own personal perspective) our treaty.

classical_hero said:
We are not gaining anything from this. The team that gets war happiness is Dnuts.
So you guys were trying to do Dnuts a favor? :confused:

fe3333au said:
What no takers? ... No comments? ... :hmm: mayhap the game has suddenly become too serious !!
Getting back to the original question, we idiots were having too much fun playing with marbles. We haven't figured out where the marbles came from, someone must have lost them. But we're having fun playing with them and so we haven't been reading the newpapers too much. :crazyeye:

Oh, and I'm sure we would give you peace in return for some reparations. :p

Sir Bugsy said:
Getting back to the original question, we idiots were having too much fun playing with marbles. We haven't figured out where the marbles came from, someone must have lost them. But we're having fun playing with them and so we haven't been reading the newpapers too much. :crazyeye:

We can't play marbles anymore, someone coughtubbycough thought they were food and promptly ate them, we could go back to the old fashioned hit rocks with sticks game???

Dear Sirs,

I would like to place the following full page ad in the forthcoming issue of the Int'l Trib:

The Republic of Iron formally re-declares war on the evil Gallic Empire and their puppet state (variously known as Iroq, the Repbulic of Doughnutia and other silly names). This state of hostilities is a direct result of the establishment of an Iroqi embassy in Athens. The Ironic people are saddened that their one time purple clad friends have fallen so far under the influence of the dark green side that they would stoop so low. The peaceful Ironic people cannot stand idly by while their true-green friends, the Greeks, are made the target of such an aggressive, barbaric and dishonourable act.

As leader of the Ironic people I urge the Iroqi to rethink the course they have marked out for themselves. Expel the Galls from your lands! Go into the Sacred Jungle for forty days and forty nights and pray to Meleet for guidance and forgiveness! Don't forget to take along a few goats. It would probably be a good idea to sacrifice one, too. Then when you emerge from the Sacred Jungle you will be cleansed of your sins. You will then see the wisdom of joining the Republics of Iron and Greece in a Holy War against the Gallic menace. Then you will beat your embassy stones into spear heads and rid the world of idiocy. You will no longer be tormented by the dark green side!

I would also like to categorically deny the rumors being spread about by Gallic operatives that the Doughnutian embassy in Athens was in reality a front for gun-running and other illegal activies of dinsog. While it is true that Greek authorities did find a few scimitars and some very old doughbolts in the embassy basement they found no reason to suspect dinsog had anything to do with the establishment of the embassy. In fact, when dinsog was later discovered sitting behind the ambassabor's desk in the ambassador's plush office, he was asked point blank if he had indeed established the embassy. His reply was 'no' and the Greek authorities, knowing dinsog to be a man of honor, promptly ended the interview and (justifiably) declared war on Iroq.

signed
donsig
Grand Vizeer of the Ironic and Iroqi Peoples
Protector of the Sacred Jungle
President of the Ironic Republic (in exile at Athens)

Haha. That's funny Dinsog. I'll let BCLG know you were the lead...:rotfl:

Top Bottom