Micro Challenge

kossin

Deity
While playing SGOTM [Links directly to the subforum, not to a thread.] lately, I thought it could be possible to create a few challenges based on micro.

You get a few units/cities and then you have to achieve a goal in a set amount of time. It's a common map theme in several turn-based strategy games (see: Heroes of Might and Magic) and I figured it could also be applied to civ4.

There is an endless amount of possible scenarios if there's any interest :)

Micro Challenge

You are Hatshepsut. [Civ Illustrated]

This is your generous start.
Spoiler :

And the generous techs you have been granted.
Spoiler :

The challenge: Play 25 turns and maximize Thebes' size.

I'd ask for spoilers to be used so that nothing is given away too easily. You're free to talk about anything else though.

Settings
To avoid problems, events and barbarians will be disabled.

Difficulty

This one is very easy and should not take much of your time. I mean, how long can it truly be to play 25 turns? All you have to do is submit your turn 25 city.

No hints for this one.

Solution
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12537600&postcount=36

Attachments

• Micro Challenge BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    31.5 KB · Views: 412
Honestly, I was just thinking about posting some kind of early training like this for a while. I'm definitely in!

Will paly tomorrow most likely.

I'm along (later). I'm so rusted at this game recently. I need some schooling.

Personally, the starts I always fail to make a great micro are seafoods starts with in addition some land resources.

In some incan BOTM on deity, I practiced like hell what would be the best micro for GLH and decent expansion. I thought I got the best and discovered your friend DW did better (and probably one shot). What an alien!

oh man, I always feel like having a nervous breakdown reading those SGOTM threads... :lol:

but, this seems contained enough, so I'll give it a shot later!

To be clear, this is supposed to end at turn 25/500?

Spoiler :

1T into southern rice, then pastured southern pigs. Moved back and finished farming rice followed by the corn. I repeated the process going north.

I wasn't sure when to whip the granary. I think i had the option to whip the granary asap and wait an extra turn to regrow, or delay the granary to allow instant regrowth. The immediate granary whip resulted in size 13 vs 12 the other way. After delaying the whip and getting size 12 with 36/44 in the bin, i immediately went back and whipped the granary on the turn BW finished and finished 1 size larger, so this was my 2nd attempt.

is it OK to post thoughts here, or should we wait until after everybody's submitted their turns?

edit: guess I should have refreshed the thread first! :lol:

oh, and I see that we don't have an ordinary happy or health cap for the era. that's less interesting then. :(

is it OK to post thoughts here, or should we wait until after everybody's submitted their turns?
I'd rather everything game related be spoilered in case someone scroll downs.

oh, and I see that we don't have an ordinary happy or health cap for the era. that's less interesting then. :(

Like I said: difficulty = very easy. They won't all be this easy ;)

Good to see Kos lighting up S&T again. Will try this later

Can anyone...

Spoiler :
hit size 10 without building a Granary?

Spoiler :
Same solve as the others. Wish there were at least two paths to the right answer :/

Spoiler :
@Doshin

Same solution as with Granary. :/.

The one solution we have is so much better than all others because it hits size 3 the fastest along with also being the quickest to have a pop growth with an (almost) full granary box, the corn completes just in time to allow this.

Can anyone...

Spoiler :
hit size 10 without building a Granary?

Spoiler :
Both Corn->1t Rice->Pigs->Finish Rice->Waste moving to rice->1t Rice->Pigs->Finish Rice, and Corn after the first rice with 0 wasted turns will result in 10 and growth on the next turn as long as the governor doesn't derp and hire a citizen :mad:

I want to play the challenge but without having civ :)
Pastured pigs give 6F right?

Edit thank you VSarius

Top Bottom