1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Micromanagement strategies/bugs

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Happiness, May 8, 2017.

1. Happiness

Happiness Chieftain

I listed some strategies below. Please share more!

1. When moving a unit to a location, don't use the suggested automated route because it may not give you the route that uncovers/explores or unfogs (fog of war) the most number of tiles.

2. Whenever a builder finishes an improvement, click "manage citizens" and click the citizen button of the city center to take advantage of the completed improvement. This may or may not change the tiles that are being worked on. Even if it doesn't change, that means those tiles being worked on are already the best ones. But if you don't do this step manually, the city may not be working on its best tiles!

3. Every time before getting a new tech or civic, place as many districts as you possibly can because the cost of districts increases with every tech and civic gotten. You can just place the districts, without using any production/hammers, to fix the cost and then change your city production to whatever you need.

I hope future patches will automate all these micromanagement chores! And also please add a way to check existing deals and notification logs with turn number indicated. Otherwise, I always find it a need to write down all the things that happen every turn!

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

3. No longer correct. With the latest patch district costs are based on when it is completed, not when it is started.

3. Arent11

Arent11 King

Thanks for pointing that out. That change was *really* necessary.

4. devolution

devolution Prince

4. Exploit productivity boosters\multipliers (policy cards) for units/buildings that they are not supposed to accelerate:
    Example: Build an archer (with the Agoge policy which is +50%) to "almost completion" (1 turn away), then chop a forest or harvest a production resource. The archer now completes and the full overflow is carried over to the next build (the multiplier is NOT factored out!). This even works with maritime industries (+100% to naval units) and is a good reason to settle the coast with ample forest nearby. You can even rush a early district or wonder with a couple of well timed policies and chops! I often make use of this to get early monuments out or critical districts.

5. devolution

devolution Prince

1SDAN, NegativeZero and Arent11 like this.
  6. Arent11

Arent11 King

Now I'm confused. I looked up the spring patch notes & it doesn't say anything about district costs. Furthermore, in the above reddit link it says:

"R5: Since the Spring patch, some players have said placed/founded district costs (even when placed early) will now scale with tech/civic research, era progression, and/or additional/finished districts."

Apparently, this is not in the official patch notes, but a rumor among players?

1SDAN likes this.
  7. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Could be, I don't recall where I read that. Sorry.

8. Arent11

Arent11 King

Well, I would *like* that change to be made. But apparently they didn't yet do it.

1SDAN likes this.
  9. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Agreed, I do not believe it changed, when someone said it had, I checked, seemed to be the same... just how I like it

10. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

well it's actually a simple thing to check. Will try and remember doing that in my next play session.

11. kronisk

kronisk Chieftain

That's really cool! In new (possibly forward) settled cities a +100% for defensive buildings i.e. walls leading to a +100% production chop from nearby forest.. That's huge! But also a bug that will be fixed I guess. I tested it and it does work and feels quite dirty. Also: Early placed districts (not yet completed) becomes 1-turners with this trick! (on online speed)

12. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

These have been here from the start and not fixed yet.
    you have to need walls first.
    The naval ones are also 100% and repeatable

13. kronisk

kronisk Chieftain

Active traders (doing their traderoute) can have their route be cancelled. Have your trader-unit selected and left-click on a unit owned by another civilization (specifically on the "flag" of the unit). The trader will teleport to the city from which the traderoute originated. Next turn it will ask for new directions. Seems like a bug but having a couple of "on-demand" traderoutes moved to new expansions is pretty neat..

14. playshogi

playshogi Emperor

Unbelievable! Great way to get all envoys for city-states requesting a trade route and to build roads between cities in the early game.

devolution likes this.
  15. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Remember to use production overflow bug. Lock all tiles you wanna work and set production to production

16. Sumorex

Sumorex Warlord

Are you talking about an old bug where policy card percentage modifiers got applied twice? (which I thought was patched out)
    or
    Policy card percentage modifiers applying fully to overflow? (which doesn't require locking tiles + setting governor)
    or
    Something completely different?

17. KoKid90

KoKid90 Chieftain

To me it sounded like the exploit in Civilization 5 where you needed to lock a production tile the turn a City had grown to get those extra yields since food was wasted. So yeah, I'm not sure what this is referring to either.

18. JustifierNA

JustifierNA Warlord

Micro-management TRADE ROUTES!

You can send a Trade Route back to it's origin city! All you've got to do is left click the trade route you wish to return to the city, then left click the circular icon above a foreign unit's head!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2017