Mid Game

Irrelevant77

Chieftain
hello
Can someone pls help.
During all my games I get to about 200ad I am way in front on points when the AI just overtake me. I have had alook in the graphs and the dawf me in gold and manuf. How come I build lots of cottages and farms and get the odd merchant and engineer. I am way ahead on culture. I know Im doing some thing wrong but dont know what.

3 things:

1. How many cities do you have? this affects the score.;)

2. How many military units do you have? this also affects you score.;)

3. How far have do you get in terms of technology? You need to keep a steady lead or at least not too far behind.;)

It might also help if you post a saved game for people to consider and then advise you.

I think that the midgame is about city specialization, expansion through war, and diplomacy. So here are a few things I try to do in my games.

City specialization is important because by the midgame, you'll have researched a lot of buildings, and you don't have enough production to build all of them, especially in cities with lots of cottages.

Expansion through war is important because you want to be the biggest civ. In the midgame, it's fairly easy to make cities very profitable, so don't worry about maintenance costs of having too many cities.

And control your diplomacy so that you have lots of good friends, and a few terrible enemies. Trade techs with your friends.

you mean they overtake you in points or they declare war on you? sometimes if i make a game where i have neglected my military the AI knows and even if i am way ahead in points an tech they declare war and pillage the horsehockye out of me. make sure you can defend yourself and this won't happen to you.

In my experience, one of the major things to get hold of mid game is tech. As soon as yuo get a new tech, try to trade it for other techs with other players. Ai players seem to want to trade to AI players more often than you, most of the time, so you quickly get behind in score in that way...

And of course, dont stop expanding just because early game is over.. ;)

Top Bottom