Middle-earth: Lord of the Mods

oh , indeed so at post #3 . Does 1.3.1 have anything else that differs from the 1.3 that ı should download the entire .rar ?

edit: have looked at the link at post #3 . They look like the ones ı couldn't use back in the day .

Thinking bout taking another crack at a story for this. Before I do, though, I'm planning on tinkering with the mod some more.

Before I do this, I'd like to do a run through and get rid of any issues, like missing civ entries.

So please post issues/bugs here, as well as any options or changes you think might be good for the next addition.
One change I think we need is to make the goblin worg riders the default barbarians, 2/1/2 for the early ones, 3/2/3 for the later ones. And to make the mod more challenging.

One mistake I made awhile back, without realizing it of course, was destroying some of the forts. I didn't know back then that if Sauron owned the forts when they are placed with the editor, he could 'see' with them. So I'll correct this.

I'm also requesting more units so we can streamline the appearance. The units are great, but obviously made by many different hands. If someone wants to put in the time to uniform the goblins/orcs, for example, that would be awesome. Also, any other graphics you would like to see, resources and such, lemme know.

I'm also going to get rid of a lot of the extra files from my download, and just include some optional city sets.

One question for the Weaze man... why are there so many king units per civ? I could probably figure this out, but if you have a quick answer, that would be great. I guess they upgrade for some reason.

After that, I'll try to put in more civs until I hit the 31 mark. I had done this at one point, but lost that version to the fates.

Lastly, and this is a long shot, but I may also make a version that uses only army-type units, instead of normal units. I've been tinkering with this, not sure if I like it yet, takes a bit of work so I haven't really played a game with it so far, just made some units and fought a battle. If I did this for LotM, though, someone would have to make some orc army flics (orcs with flags). Or munits for orcs/goblins.

And, again, I had nothing to do with the creation of this mod, that was Weazel's team, I just found it, fell in love with it, and have made a few minor changes that are suitable to my playstyle, so all credits again go to Weazel and company for making the BEST MOD EVER.

And to de Borg and Kyriakos, 'cause I use their graphics in my version. de Borg's water is still my favie fav terrain, and the Greek's cities make me cry. Kyriakos, btw, updated his orc city sets for us, I believe, and also made hobbit and elf sets for us as well - although he didn't actually say he made them because of the resurging interest in this mod, I strongly suspect this is the case.

I'll try to keep better tract of whose graphics are added to my next additions. I didn't originally, because I didn't expect to share my version with anyone.

Feel free to do whatever you'd like with it. This mod has always belonged to the community.

One question for the Weaze man... why are there so many king units per civ? I could probably figure this out, but if you have a quick answer, that would be great. I guess they upgrade for some reason.

That's exactly it. We followed the example from the Sengoku scenario having upgradeable kings in each era, but with a unique line for each civ.

nice , real nice . Even if just a player ı do welcome any further developments of the scenario .

but ı think the seas are too productive in the form ı have . Maybe , extra buildings for sea faring nations so that they can take advantage but it's somewhat against the habits to see seas outperfom mined hills with shield production .

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with the start of the game: immediately after the launching appears a bug report concerning the settler.ini's file. I have the italian version of conquest and maybe this is the problem. If you have any advices in order to solve it i would really appreciate it.
Thank you!

in all probability you have extracted the .rar directly . Winrar creates 2 folders with the same name . Rename the first so that it can be later deleted then manually carry the second one into the Scenarios folder . That should work .

Actually I've already done this. I've used 7-zip to extract the .rar. file and there were two folders called LotM stacked up inside. I've deleted the first one and I've put the remaining in the scenarios folder. So probably there is another problem..

oh , you are then possibly out of the range of the help ı could offer . ı would guess you would have already looked up for any Settler folders in the LotM and check whether the .ini file was named the same with the folder . Although the game is years old and ı don't remember any issues with the many times ı have personally re-loaded it .

Pretty easy to make one. Look up Bamspeedy's tutorial on adding units.

You can add add the ini file to a game in progress, btw, to prevent the crash and keep playing.

Hi!
I used to play this mod a long time ago and loved it. I recently (a few weeks ago) felt the urge for it again and installed civ 3 via steam and downloaded the mod from this page. I can start a game with this mod but it instantly crashes without an error message when I found a city. It does not crash when just ending turns, only when founding the first city. I have win 10. Please let me know if there is something I need to do to get it working. Thanks for this great mod!

unfortunately it seems possible that it's one of the targeted mods and scenarios , though as a long term fan of the same , ı hope you will find a solution .

yea, what do you mean by targeted? I think I have a version of the mod still.

@WildWeazel Yes I have the english "Civ III complete" version 1.22 purchased from Steam. I'll attach a screenshot of the startscreen.

Attachments

• Civ3.jpg
    Civ3.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 96
@r16What do you mean by targeted?

silly r16 things , and there is no point in further silliness , but then let's say my Civ , which ı have not played in months , is "suspect" . Which of course does not necessarily extend to what's available elsewhere . But Firaxis will see that there's no suspicion left whatsoever when it "finally" gets to release the Plus . Sometime this Millenium .

Top Bottom