Middle-earth: Lord of the Mods

Hey so I was wondering, will it be possible to play the same civ seperately, as in two dwarven players?
Also, In regards to the cavalry problem, Well.... The hobbits and dwarves COULD always mount pony into cavalry. Not to mention, in The Battle of The five armies the dwarves were seen riding goats into battle, so there is that.

for double dwarves check if Agonistes' version is still available , he has a post two pages back so checking this thread might help .

for little cavalry ı actually asked about it and it's not "realistic" . Actually the two hex moving Dwarven miner unit will also be moved out when its time comes . You can't help an army going two , though .

Edit: nevermind, I tested it and it works. This should resolve the first city crash!

Here's a patched labels.txt. Could someone who's had the crash please double check that this file is valid and fixes the issue because I'm on Linux at the moment and can't easily test the Steam version. Just (backup and) replace LotM/Text/labels.txt with this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iabwbyqtsk31qfm/labels.txt?dl=0

Last edited:
Baaah, Not realistic? There's a wonder to spawn wizards.
it would make Dwarves too strong ? Not that ı ever let them exist if am not playing them myself .

and now that Wildweazel here , how about it getting a full facelift or am ı the only left still playin it ?

makes two of us , making the case stronger !

I have Civ 3 Complete edition on steam and I allways get stuck on 38% on loading scenario then game crashes. Any hints how to repair this?

Putting contents of rar into
here : d:\Games\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Scenarios\
or here : d:\Games\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios\

doesnt even grant ability to run it from conquests just trough civ content.

d:\Games\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Conquests\
Here it appears under Conquests option but crashes all the same

Last edited:
You have this scenario under Conquest options in main menu right? According to other sources it should be put under steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Conquests\ so I did it right. Redownload did not helped me I will try cracked version of civ 3 then

You have this scenario under Conquest options in main menu right? According to other sources it should be put under steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Conquests\ so I did it right. Redownload did not helped me I will try cracked version of civ 3 then

All mods go under Conquests/Scenarios. Conquests menu option is basically a campaign. You are not supposed to run user-made mods from there.

Checked and repaired game trough steam helped and I can play all mods now. I have a question though.
Can I get version of this mod without tech trading /player and AIs or atleast AI and AI/ or is there a way to edit this mod to accomplish that?

Checked and repaired game trough steam helped and I can play all mods now. I have a question though.
Can I get version of this mod without tech trading /player and AIs or atleast AI and AI/ or is there a way to edit this mod to accomplish that?

You can edit it yourself. I dont think LOTM has hacked editor settings. I could be wrong. Some mods, you do have to be delicate in how you edit it as you could cause some issues if the modder(s) used some obscure settings.

Just set all techs, Cannot be Traded in the Civilization Advances screen.

I have it working, suits me much better. I am not that good to compete with all AIs research alone or micromanage every turn

uhm , ı would like to report an error . Shadow Warrior unit can not locate various Swordsman .waw files ... Fully understandable in that it's only available if enslaved by a Nazgül , which is only available through a great wonder only available to Mordor and ı think ı used a .rar that was in an external drive , maybe downloaded in 2013 to install it into my lap top . Well , contributed to Lord of the Rings ... however small .

Top Bottom